cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: What does "Acc MOB Bdl" mean?

If you choose the get the $240 worth of accessories they charge you $10 a month for 24 month 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wow, that's so sneaky! This was defintiely promoted as a "free" bonus for signing up to a 24 month plan. Very poor and disapointing service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes,  I got the same charge I  do remember the 240 is free.  What a...

We should ask them to cancel this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too have noticed this on my bill, and was told accessories are free upto $480 and noticed being charged.

I didnt spend $480 in accessories but still got charged per month -- fraud!!

Checking with store regarding this!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If this appears on your bill it is because it has been entered into the system as the customer has seemingly chosen to purchase accessories and pay for them over time in equal monthly instalments on their Optus account.

Obviously the theme of this thread is that various customers dispute this as under the impression it was free, at the moment the suggestion is to look over the paperwork that you've signed and for any dispute to first make a complaint to the store manager. 

If somebody has already done this for their situation nobody has reported back here what the outcome was so that would be appreciated 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have recently noticed this extra charge on my bill with the same description " Acc MOB Bdl" after I have paying this for more than one year, and I have never been told that there's an extra charge for the accessories that come with the plan that supposed to be free according to the sale person at Melbourne central store. 

I was supposed to choose a $30 sim-only plan, but the person told me that if I upgraded to the $40 plan, it will come with a "free" accessory without charge. 

If anyone else has the same issue?  This is obviously considering FRAUD and untruthful selling technique, especially to uni students. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @rendy3,

Thank you for raising this issue.
Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

They have just tried this with me, definitely fraud. I got told the form I signed was to register a pre paid SIM card. When I returned to the store the next day to question the receipt for $480 accessories bundle “which I never asked for” they pulled out a contract with my signature on it. They added the details to it after I left the store “Illegal“. The store manger didn’t want to talk to me & told the sales person to tell me it would need to be investigated and take 5 days.

I have since rang customer complaints and been told they can’t help.
I’m still waiting to hear from the store manger.
I’m going to take legal action.
0 Kudos