Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

What can I do to prevent an unauthorized port of my number away from Optus?

autojack

I'm concerned about the possibility of an unauthorized person porting my number away from Optus. Is there any way that I can require additional confirmation or security before a port out can be completed?

Re: What can I do to prevent an unauthorized port of my number away from Optus?

SamSam

Unfortunately not. Telcos like Optus and Telstra are hamstrung by the rules set out by the ACMA that were originally designed to ensure a fair and competitive playing field across all telcos but are outdated now. Right now it'd be seen as anticompetitive if Optus put measures in place that increased the amount of time it took for you to port out to another carrier.

The good news is it's a priority for Australian telcos to rectify and I'd hope the same goes for the ACMA as well. I've also heard that the banks are working with telcos to help reduce the chance of fraud as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Re: What can I do to prevent an unauthorized port of my number away from Optus?

Ray_YC

Hi autoJack,

Some more recent discussion about this can be found on this thread.

I believe Optus has recently implemented additional security measures for Prepaid Mobile services.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
116 Kudos
113 Kudos
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
75 Kudos