Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Emb095
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Website won’t recognise my phone number as a valid Optus number

Recently I punched in my number and DOB to validate my service to upgrade my postpaid monthly data. Yep everything worked. - was told I’d receive an email telling me when my plan was changed over when my new monthly bill cycle change. Did not receive an email. 

It was nearly time for my month to roll over and still no email so I tried to log onto the Optus site again and now it’s suddenly saying it can’t find my number as a valid Optus number. 

I can log into my Optus account just fine with my email address and my phone number works RE being able to call/receive calls. I just don’t understand why it isn’t letting me log in. 

This is very inconvenient as I actually needed more data in my plan and now it won’t ley me log in and the request probably didn’t actually go through. Can someone help? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Website won’t recognise my phone number as a valid Optus number

Have you called up or chatted to get the error fixed? It’s possible the order jammed in the system hence why it’s failing validation to avoid another order coming through and sitting on top of an already jammed order. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Heya @Emb095

Had you attempted to rate plan change via the online rate plan change form? Did you receive any sort of confirmation right after submitting the request, an SMS or email?

I know it's frustrating, but it might be best to follow @Jeneral__Pain's advice. Jump onto Live Chat and the team can action the request on the spot. 

Personal → Mobile → General & Billing 

If you do run into any problems, let us know. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Emb095
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply!
No I did not receive any sort of confirmation email/sms. Ill give the live chat thing a go. 
Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Let us know how it goes.

If you need a hand, I can always help out 🙂 

Have a great weekend! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors