cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Weak coverage - Point Cook VIC (Saltwater Coast Estate)

I have moved address, coverage in Saltwater Coast estate of Point Cook VIC is not very good. Short of cancelling my phone contract with Optus, what else could be done?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Weak coverage - Point Cook VIC (Saltwater Coast Estate)

Hey @sar01, it sucks to hear that you are having issues with your service. Have you tried troubleshooting as of yet? Give those a shot and see how you go. 

Should you continue to have issues, I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I checked the coverage map, and according to the map my address is covered in purple.   Parts of the estate are in green and yellow.   Other than that, you have to take my word that coverage is very weak, that phone calls drop in and out when moving about in my house.

I have a dual sim phone and now I am forced to use my business number (Telstra) for private purposes, which I'd rather not do.

What are my options?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We appreciate you taking the time to check out our Coverage Map, @sat01.  

We recommend engaging with our Tech Support team via the My Optus App to see if there's anything we can do to improve your service experience. They should be able to provide you with further Coverage-related information specific to your service address. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@sat01Download one of the apps that show you the mobile signal strength and walk around your property and  write down the signal strength before calling or talking to Optus as this will show that you have done your homework and there is nothing they can do.

I would grab a Belong and a vodafone sim when they are on spacial at coles and woolies and go over the property again with the signal strength app to do a fair comparison between the three networks and then you can check out the plans and costs to find which is best for you.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted support via the Optus app, heaps of messaging to and fro and then telephone contact.   The problem was not resolved though I received a follow-up text message saying that Optus could not find any network issues at my house.   Why is it that when I was on the phone the following day, I walked from one room to another and the call cut out?

Ok, this will not be resolved in the short-term and unfortunately, I'm going to have to make alternative arrangements.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you've been unable to get this resolved with the in-app support team I'd recommend sending a message to our social media team on Facebook or Twitter, and include your fault reference number. They'll be able to follow up on this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Nah, I'm at the end of my tether but thank you for your advice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@sat01If you are dealing with first level support I bet they look at what the Optus network status is from the tower's perspective and based o past experience it's NOT accurate. As such there will be no issue with the tower until a major fault occurs or allot of people complain.

As such you will not get far without additional data as per my previous post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I got a follow-up telephone call from another operator and it was quite comical to start with.   She introduced herself and after the pleasantries she commenced explaining things.   At this point, my phone cut out for 4 or 5 seconds, then kicked back in.   On return I explained it had just cut out and asked her to repeat what she was saying, which did.   After an introductory explanation her first question was, "when did your phone last cut out?"    My answer, 30 seconds ago.

Anyway, the upshot was that she conceded the problem couldn't be fixed and there is no guarantee of an upgraded service/coverage in my area any time soon.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors