cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

reyrea
Contributor
Contributor

Weak 4G signal in Parramatta area since Dec 2018

Is there something wrong with the 4G connection in Parramatta area. Since Dec 2018 we have been getting intermittent 4G connection the whole day. Before Dec 2018, 4G signal was very good. Today I have had 3G and H+ connections intermittently sometimes for hours. Browsing on the phone has been very difficult at times. Buffering and waiting times for pages to load. 

I have 4 mobile accounts with Optus and might get another provider if this continues to be a problem.

Is this a known problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Weak 4G signal in Parramatta area since Dec 2018

Hi there,

As Parramatta is quite a hub of activity, there are dozens of network towers there. Taking a look, almost all of them have no reported issues.
Have you completed any troubleshooting? i.e. restarted phone, reset network settings, tried SIM in another phone, etc. It might be worth popping in to the Yes Optus store there to ask if other customers have raised this to them (none have on here).

Is it happening everywhere in Parramatta or certain spots? Either way we suggest checking out our troubleshooting page and if still experiencing a problem, getting in contact with us.

Edit: Having VoLTE enabled works for some people also. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos