Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kite34
New Contributor
New Contributor

Warranty repair

I am so over Optus right now. Nothing but frustration, anger and major disappointment, not to mention a waste of my time.  Their warranty service is so bad I would not recommend Optus to friends. I put my phone in for repairs on the 18th of October 2017. It is now November the 7th 2017. That is 20 days with out my phone and waiting for the phone to arrive to Sydney and back to Hobart from repairs.

I was told it would be 10 days as it needs to travel by land from Hobart to Sydney as it is a battery issue. Toll are the company transporting my phone. I rang Optus Hobart after the 10 days and was told it will take 15 days. I went into the Hobart store on day 19 and was told it has not left the warehouse. I'm assuming  a Toll Warehouse, which state not sure. Once again I was told it is taking time because the phone is transported by land. It is still in the warehouse, how can it be transported to Sydney!!!  Hobart Optus email Boomerang repair to find out what is happening.

Today being day 20 I return to Hobart Optus and there was no reply from Boomerang. I was told once again because it is a battery issue it is travelling by land. So Hobart tell me they are keeping an eye on the process. 

I dont have any faith in what i am being told any more. A whole bunch of lies from Optus.

Optus get your act together. I want my phone.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
straylightOz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Warranty repair

I feel your pain. Optus took my xperia when it wouldn't turn on, sent it to sydney, took over 14 days for them to report it was damaged based on an apparently cursory inspection (phone is bent ? wth ? how and why does this happen ?). So over Optus x2. 

sure I'll just use my "spare" phone while optus stuff around working out what to do. $680 to replace it ? 

so many issues here.

yes, I'm venting.

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Warranty repair

This really isn't what we like to hear @kite34 and I can appreciate your frustrations with this. I'm unsure why it's taken this long; however could you confirm for me since posting if you have the phone or have an update?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors