Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Want to delay prepaid activation

butchr

Today 24/11, I bought $40 SIM + Recharge starter kit from Woolies on $15 promo (on Epic plan). Fineprint says must activate within 30 days.  Epic plan credits expire in 28 days from activation.  I want to activate from 20/12 so that I could use until mid Jan 2019, but SIM was auto activated at point of purchase. This means credit expires 22/12 given 28 day expiry. Can I still change activation date or extend expiry to mid Jan 2019? 

Re: Want to delay prepaid activation

Tris

Hi @butchr, I'm not sure how that could happen, do you mean the credit was automatically applied when you activated the SIM? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

butchr

Thanks for the response Tris. I was given a slip at the check out that stated “$40 Activation was successful”. It also mentions “Card activation could take up to 48 hours. Non Refundable.”

I understand this to mean that it was auto activated and therefore credits have been applied which will expire 28 days from 24/11. Is my interpretation correct?

My intent was to buy the sim pack but activate on the 20th of Dec so I can use until mid Jan 2019.  There was no mention about activation at the check out before purchase.

Appreciate clarification.

Highlighted
Solution

Tris

We require your details for a SIM activation @butchr. Unless you've gone though the activation process, there's no way it would have occurred. If you like, feel free to send me a PM with your Full Name, the number and your DOB Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

butchr

Thanks Tris!

That sounds like a logical process and will leave it for now. I’ll reraise if I encounter any issues during the actual activation process.

I do believe that the slip provided by Woolies at purchase does say it has been activated successfully which is somewhat confusing even to someone who had worked in Optus for 26 years!

Many thanks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
164 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
85 Kudos