cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor markbraithwaite
New Contributor

Waited 2 hours in store and left with nothing.

I went in to Optus store today to trade up to a new phone. Apparently on the original contract they forgot to include the IMEI which is needed to cross check it with the phone I’m trading up. The guy serving me called about 4 different places, spoke to his manager and in the end couldn’t do anything for me. This all took about 2 hours. I left with nothing, they wouldn’t offer me anything in reconciliation for my time and THEIR mistake. What kind of customer service is this? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waited 2 hours in store and left with nothing.

0 Kudos
New Contributor markbraithwaite
New Contributor

I did provide the IMEI of the phone I brought in. But they never recorded the IMEI on the contract when I first signed up, so tehy can't match it to prove it is the same phone. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I understand that but I would have thought Optus could have verified the number to the store as they would know what it is even if its not on the original contract. So where has that left you and what did they say you need to do?

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @markbraithwaite - sorry for the runaround you've had trying to trade up in-store. We should have a record of your IMEI number on your account. Can you please send me a private message with the following info so that we can check it out:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account number:

It'll also be helpful if you can send through the IMEI you can see on your end just to be safe. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors