cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor evemaree
New Contributor

Waala mobile subscription

Hi,

I don't even know where to start. I've been using a push button phone for a while, I was rarely using it because I had my work phone. However, I changed my personal mobile to a smartphone. Within two days of changing I started getting messages saying I had insufficient credit for a subscription I never even heard of. It said call this number blah blah for help. So I did, it asked if I wanted to cancel and I did. A few days later same again. I have done this process another three times. I'm sick of recharging my phone and am not even bothering to recharge as of today. I've googled solutions for this. I have tried dashboard to change premium services limit or whatever it was. That kept sending me back to the start or i was given an error. I tried calling optus (a nightmare rabbit warren in itself). This is my last resort. Can someone help me?

15 Replies
New Contributor Fulabb
New Contributor

Re: Waala mobile subscription

Don't call or text them. It is a premium service i.e. extortionate call and SMS charges. It is a scam

Try this link. You should be able to block them

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/how-to-stop-spam-text-messages

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Sorry to hear you're having issues cancelling the subscription @evemaree. If you can send us a PM with your mobile number, full name and DOB we can block any further premium SMS charges as well as raise a dispute with the content provider. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jesscka
New Contributor

Hello Casey

I've just been checking my bills and it seems as though IM having the same issue.. I've tried looking online on how to unsubscribe but im a but lost on how to get them to stop charging

I never joined a subscription service and I don't even know what it's for! So stressful! I've heard of it happening to other but I honestly never thought it would happen to us! Please help

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Jesscka, you can find all the info you'd need on how to unsubscribe right here.

As Casey has said, you can shoot us a PM with your number, full name, and DOB, and we can investigate and dispute the charges.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pippolo
New Contributor

Soooo angry right now!!! Pure stealing this is! 

Got charged for services I never subscribed for and then I was told by the customer service at Optus that the refund could only come off the next bill. Too bad I’m out of contract and want to change provider and apparently the direct line from Optus to Walaa (yes there is a direct line hence one is forgiven to think the two companies are related) doesn’t work to get a refund via chèque. 

Off to file a complaint with the Ombudsman as we speak. 

Bad bad scam.

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@Pippolo - Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us. Can I get you to clarify when you are organising your port out? If the content providers have advised that it will come off your next invoice, this can be credited back on your final invoice and off-set part of your balance. More than happy to get this looked into for you - feel free to chat us your details →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we can review all your options.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GlenD
New Contributor

I've looked on my bill and seen I've been charged for his nonsense for a couple of months. I didn't realise at first because I changed plans and nominated to have the handset paid out, so it made sense there would be difference in amounts before the contract was paid out. I find the whole thing to be absurd, I looked on the site and it recommended to change the amount to be paid to these people down from the default 200 dollars to 0 dollars, which I did. I then found many customers have asked why it's not 0 dollars by default and the response is, "Because people like voting on reality TV shows." First question is; who is still watching commercial TV? and the second is; what shows even have voting anymore? I struggle to think of one, maybe "The Voice", and if that's the case are we to believe this 200 dollar policy is determined because people want to vote on trash like, "The Voice"? I'll have to call these people to figure out what I've actually subscribed to but it's just a huge hassle and Optus should not be partnered or allow with companies to charge people in this deliberately deceptive manner.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pippolo
New Contributor

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for getting in touch with me.

I wanted to change provider ASAP because my contract has expired 2 months ago and I'm spending $60 monthly for a plan with benefits and inclusions which I could get for about $40 now.

Anyway, I don't know what the "content providers', read thieves, have advised. I was never able to get in contact with them (typica of fraudsters) and I don't know if they have notified Optus of what's going on. 

I wish for the money that was fraudulently charged to my account to be refunded. I pay monthly bills to Optus, not Waala, hence I'm asking you guys to refund the money. If Optus allows such content providers to operate their scam on your network as far as I'm concerned Optus is liable.

Please advise how to proceed to get my cash or cheque refund. Thanks.

Pippolo 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@Pippolo - You're welcome to chat to us directly via the link I've included above so we can take a look into the content charges for you, as well as place a barring and raise a dispute. We can also review your current plan and recommend you something that suits you better.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors