Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
KalemHufton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Volte

I've spoken to 3 agents about volte. It keeps enabling on my phone after I have spoken to them and made them disable it. I do not have the option in my settings, despite getting a text saying wifi calls and volte would be in settings in 4 hours (3 days ago). I have wifi call setting but not volte. 

I don't want it, and every time an agent disables it and I get the text saying 'order updated' it comes back again. 

This is really frustrating so can someone please disable it for good or let me know how to get the setting on my phone to disable it myself. 

(And before you ask, I'm not stupid... The option is NOT there)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Volte

what is the make and model of your phone?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
KalemHufton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung s9 g960

0 Kudos
Tris

Hi @KalemHufton, Have the agents confirmed where you find the settings? You should be able to toggle VoLTE by in Settings tap Connections > Mobile Networks. It would be strange for the setting not to be there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
KalemHufton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

God dammit tris... I've been told a million times where it SHOULD be, but its not... If I could upload screen shots I could show you its not there. 

I just want the damn thing turned off. 

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Based on the model number, your S9 is a China import. It could be running on the China Rom instead of the Global Rom. By default it is enabled for the China region. However, my guess it that the phone picked up an Australian Sim and treated it as an Australian Region phone and Disabled the VOLTE toggle option because VOLTE is not support by default for Australia Carier. So it is ON but you can't toggle with the setting or it is missing, thus giving you the issue. Reading from https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-note-7/help/q-volte-settings-t3443296/page4 people are able to enable the settings with some success some said with NovoLauncher and some have found this code *#*#4636#*#* . 

I do not have an S9 g960 to test it out, it could be region locked and you can not change it via the menu, it could be SIM depend. My suggession is to look for a region memu option your phone and change it to China, once you have done that go and look for the VOLTE toggle under mobile network and turn it off. Then change it back to Australia, hopefully the setting will stay and leave VOLTE off.

Maybe Optus can disable VOLTE on the network. I have a similar option and took Vodafone a few go with their level 3 techs to disable VOLTE for me at the Network level. 

I have an Xiomi Mi5S, the VOLTE is enable by default but the toggle menu is missing too, my phone is not region locked, so I can go into the settings and change my location to HongKong, after that the toggle menu appears and I can turn it on or off. I left my phone region at HongKong as it doesn't affect my usuage, the only thing I did is to set the phone time as per mobile network. I might have to check the clock when daylight saving starts again. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tris

I was just double checking you'd been advised where to check. Our normal process to remove VoLTE is for you to change the setting on your end. The fact you can't may be what's causing it to be added to our VoLTE list again. Did you get the phone from Optus? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
KalemHufton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How do I change the region? My device is still OEM locked, so I can't do any of the fiddly stuff yet. Creating the activity using nova launcher doesn't work, and neither does the phone code.

And I purchased the phone from optus with a plan.

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

From Gsmarena the G9600 is for China and Latin America, Australia should be the global version G9600F (https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9-8966.php#g960) . Maybe it is a firmware issue if your is from Optus on an plan and it is the China version. It is strange that Optus is using the China version instead of the Global version. Maybe Optus support can help you out on the technical side. Not sure how warranty works with Optus, if it is my phone, providing it is the global version,  I would download the Global version Rom from Samsung and load that to see if it fix the issue. However, if your hardward is the China version then I am not sure how it handle the Global firmware. Prehaps confirm with Optus which hardware version you have and reload the firmware. Be aware of the risks when you load new firmware as it can BRICK your phone. Also, your data and setting will be wipe. So do it at your own risk and judgement. 

0 Kudos
Tris

You shouldn't have to change the region if it's an Optus supplied handset. Have you loaded a custom ROM at all? 

0 Kudos