cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor mcbreakfast
Occasional Contributor

Voicemail timezone incorrect

Hi there 

Can anyone tell me how to change the voicemail timezone?

Mine has always been correctly set to WA time - but a new service on the same account (created about a month ago) reports the time of all voicemails as Eastern Australia summer time.

The handset with this new service has yet to venture out of the Perth metro area, so this seems like an incorrect service setup and I can't see any way to correct this myself through my account settings.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Neil

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Voicemail timezone incorrect

I think around Christmas time there were numerous posts on this topic and from all reports Optus had to fix the time zone issue on their end. Might pay to jump onto the live chat link below and ask support the question.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mcbreakfast
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion - that's what I did. And with all sincerity, I was *mightily* impressed with both the result and the pleasing contrast with my previous experience with Optus' support in 2016.

As soon as the chat agent had captured the basic details, she asked if it was convenient for her to phone me and did so in seconds.

She quickly transferred me to a tech support agent, without being put on hold! In no time at all, this agent changed the timezone from NSW to WA, advising it would take effect within 10 mins (and to restart the handset). 

I'm happy to say that it did just that.

Congrats and thanks to Optus for sorting this so efficiently and effectively!

(For the win, perhaps you could teach the retail staff to prevent this from happening by selecting the correct state or territory when they create accounts. Just a thought.) 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent news. If the powers to be see your last comment I am sure they will take your suggestion on board. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
New Contributor PMG_Pete
New Contributor

I've just wasted nearly an hour, putting up with network drop-outs, to get a nil result from the online chat help service. It is ridiculous that this problem persists, through the years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor PMG_Pete
New Contributor

the sad truth - the online chat help service is currently terrible.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors