Searching...

Mobile

Voicemail pin overseas

treen2000

I am currently travelling overseas and have forgotten my voicemail PIN. Can you please help me reset this via email?

Re: Voicemail pin overseas

Dan_C

Hey there @treen200, can I just confirm that you've been dialling +61 411 000 321? Are you then being prompted for your voice mail pin? We do have an international number that you can get through to us on → +61 2 8082 5678. They should have no trouble actioning this request for you. Alternatively we can get this done from our end. We would need you to send through your full name, DOB and mobile number (for privacy/security). Dan 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
treen2000

Thanks for your prompt response. I have been dialing the international number you list below; this prompts/asks for a PIN. My full name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Edited

Aman_B

Hey there, since your post had your ID details and that was not a private post I've deleted your details. To check your voicemail  your PIN number be default should be the last 4 digits of your mobile. Let us know if this works or we can change the pin. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

treen2000

Hi again. Thank you for the below. Apologies. I told you I was calling the international number but I was actually calling +61 411 000 321. I have tried using the last 4 digits of my mobile number, as you suggest, however I get an "invalid response" in return. Can you please change the PIN? Given this is not a private post, are you able to just make the pin the last 4 digits of my mobile - I'll then know the pin without you needing to write it specifically in the message. Many thanks.

Dan_C

Hey @treen2000, I've had a quick chat with a colleague and she's advised that if I were to go ahead with a password reset - any pending unread voice-mails will be deleted. I just need to ask your permission before going forward with this. Dan 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

treen2000

Hi Dan. Thanks for the message. Unfortunately that won't work for me. I have 2 unread voicemails that I am trying to access (this is the reason I am trying to figure out my PIN in the first place). What do you suggest we do from here to fix this? Are you able to figure out my current PIN and provide that info to me, so that the existing voicemails are not deleted? Thank you.

Dan_C

Hmm, I suspected that would be the case. Otherwise it's really a pointless exercise. I'd really need to do some further research for you @treen2000. I'm not aware of any work around but I'm happy to find out for you. Dan 

treen2000

Thanks. I'd really appreciate that. 

Meg

Hey treen2000, I think incorrect info was provided at the start of this message, in the past we used to be able to reset the PIN to the last 4 digits of the mobile number. However, this changed some time ago to a randomised PIN being sent via SMS to the mobile number the voicemail is attached to.  This ensured greater security for the voicemail system. Are you able to access the SMS if we reset the PIN again? Otherwise we would have to reset the voicemail completely which would erase current messages. Meg

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
107 Kudos
87 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos