cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Guvnor
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Voicemail

Should clarify that I refer to Max T's advice of March 2019.
0 Kudos
kerrypond
New Contributor
New Contributor

You are a legend!  I followed your instructions and within seconds I was sorted.  Big Thank you!

Kaytek478
New Contributor
New Contributor

You are a hero!
Jelliebaby
New Contributor
New Contributor

I to have come from Telstra and very disappointed with the coverage
0 Kudos
Kartika

Sad to hear that @Jelliebaby. Is there any particular address or location you are having mobile coverage issue? Has any → basic troubleshooting helped? 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the →  messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LilPea
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alas, when I try this it tells me my voicemail is active, which I’ve recently discovered, it isn’t. I miss Virgin and their great service.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @LilPea,   apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  

To activate voicemail for your mobile you can just dial this code  **004*321#  Once you do this your voicemail diversions should be all active and then you can dial 321 to record your personal greeting or other features.

Please click here for more details on Voicemail.  

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

tracyhickling
New Contributor
New Contributor

Excellant work Max, it worked!!!
0 Kudos
KelR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Voicemail - Correct Phone Number Is Allegedly Invalid

I ported into Optus yesterday and attempted to access voicemails today.  A recorded instruction told me to input my phone number (which remains the same; I was careful to ensure that) followed by the hash. I did this nearly twenty times. Same result every time: invalid phone number.  This is a system    designed by a cretin.  Thinking it would be best to go back to my ex-provider (with whom I had no problems at all). 

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Re: Voicemail - Correct Phone Number Is Allegedly Invalid

Hi @KelR - Thanks for sharing this with me.

When you had signed up, did you opt in for the Voicemail Option? If you have a My Account set up, you can use our Voicemail Set-up Guide here to have this set up if there was troubles using the current method.

If you continue to have troubles, please feel free to send our Facebook or Twitter team a direct message and we can re-provision this for you there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.