Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moonga
New Contributor
New Contributor

Voicemail Greeting Not Personalized

Incoming missed calls do not hear my personalized voicemail greeting when I miss a call. They hear the generic missed call greeting asking callers to leave a message. When i go into voicemail settings, it plays back my personalized message and saves it but the incoming missed calls still get the generic greeting. I have tried diverting calls to voicemail in the OptusApp and in the Voicemail Settings, but this sends all calls directly to voicemail and does not even ring. PLEASE HELP!! Unsure how to fix and have searched and searched but cannot find an answer anywhere. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: Voicemail Greeting Not Personalized

Hi @Moonga, apologies for the hassle. 

Can you please dial  code **004*321# from your mobile. Once this is done you can dial 321  and record the greeting again (you may have to delete he old greeting first).  Please note for new voicemail set ups you have to record your greeting, change voicemail PIN.  

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Moonga
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for a quick response. Your solution has solved my issue! THANKYOU 🙂
Aman_YC

Gu @Moonga, Awesome. Thanks for the update. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
David_W
New Contributor
New Contributor

My voicemail was setup and working fine for a long time until someone told me they could not leave a message. Then I had the following issue:

• I called my voicemail and it was still active and it said I have no new messages;
  • I called my number and it was playing a generic greeting which said "welcome to the voicemail system to access your messages enter your full number and press # or to record a message enter the full number of the person you are calling".

This is now the third time in a month my voicemail greeting has reverted to the generic message! The first time I contacted live chat and they reset my voicemail, I re-recorded a message and it worked fine.

The second time I contacted live chat and they reset it again, but it still didn't work. They asked me to reset my network settings on my phone and once I did that it was working again.

It has happened again for the third time now! I followed your advice and dialed **004*321# code you mentioned in this thread and it seems to have fixed the issue now. I called my number it's playing my recorded greeting again.

However, how can I be certain this won't happen again? I can't keep dialing my number every day to check it's working and I missing important business voicemails because no one can leave a message.

Please help!

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
z_hook

Hey David_W,

We do apologise for the ongoing experience you've had with your voicemail.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.