cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor GibboMcCool
New Contributor

Voice mail sent via MMS

I’ve noticed recently that Optus now send my voice mail as an audio file via MMS.  This is a bit of a privacy issue as I cant listen to it via the ‘ear speaker’ which means that other people close by  may hear the message.  Moving to a private location or trying to find headphones may not be possible inconvenient.

how can I change to the previous method of dialing a number to listen to voicemail? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Voice mail sent via MMS

Hmm, strange that Voice to MMS has been provisioned by default @GibboMcCool

Optus Voice to MMS: Converts VoiceMails into audio MMS and sends them straight to your mobile.

Charges: Enjoy unlimited Voice to MMS conversions for only $4.99 per month.

You'll need to login to your Optus.com.au/myaccount

-Click the relevant mobile number

- Click settings

- Message Delivery

- Change

- Choose your preferred Voicemail retrieval option. 

Check out → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/answering-services#option_tab more info. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Steve_Buckley
Occasional Contributor

I've got the same problem too. Tech support are either playing dumb or genuianly incompetant but it looks like the voice mail system was "upgraded" and now doesn't really work properly.
Best option is to buy a voicemail system with a 3rd party and divert missed calls to it.

0 Kudos
Moderator Zac_D

Hi @Steve_Buckley, we can take a look at your voicemail settings for you and see what is going on.

Can you please send us a PM here including your:

Full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Just to confirm, you've gone through the steps to remove this already and have had no luck?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Steve_Buckley
Occasional Contributor

As far as I can tell from talking to ALL other Optus users I know the voicemail system has been completely unusable Since the upgrade in November.
There are no customisable settings, you just turn it on and have a generic message given to callers to record a message and then it is sent via MMS to your phone. You need to installl a specific app to play the file back/
Basically it's completely poo....fix it.

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Appreciate the feedback @Steve_Buckley we'll ensure it's passed on. If you would like us to check it out on our end, feel free to shoot us a private message with the account info requested above. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors