cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jsscfree
New Contributor

VoLTe on new Nokia 220

Just purchased the new nokia 220. Can't get voLTE to work on sim even after turning voLTE on and turning sim 1 on and ensuring selected 4G/2G in network.

If I put another optus sim in it does work on same settings. With the SIM that doesn't work in another phone it says 3G.

How do I get VoLTE to work on the nokia 220 so we can make calls? Nokia says it's not the device but the SIM. Please advise
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: VoLTe on new Nokia 220

Hi there Jsscfree,

According to the Optus VoLTE support page, Nokia devices are currently not Optus VoLTE compatible. 

The page looks potentially a little dated based on the comments left, I checked internal processes and confirm it is correct information.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jsscfree
New Contributor

Ordinarily I'd agree but my sim is an Optus Sim and it works on the new nokia 220 with VoLTE allowing me to call and text out. That was why I was confused. I read Nokia wasn't included on the list but it works on my sim.

I have since found out that the Sim in question is an old one from the 2G era that is currently working as 3G on the phone it is on. We're going to get a 4G sim from Optus and see if that helps.

If my Sim card didn't work we'd have let it go but it does on the nokia 220 we have so we are dedicated to getting a solution.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Jsscfree, did you end up picking up the new SIM card?

As part of our eligibility criteria, we do advise that you must be an Optus customer with a compatible VoLTE device purchased directly from Optus.

I was always under the impression that in order for us to enable VoLTE, you must have a device that's been loaded with Optus Firmware. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jsscfree
New Contributor

The optus sim works in the nokia 220. If you've got somewhere to send a photo I can show you. Screen says yes optus, VoLte, lte and the bars.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, we could always go in and check VolTE has been provisioned on the back-end. We're unable to take your details on the forum, but if you message our Social Media service team on FB or Twitter, you can send a screenshot along with your details there.

I'll get the team to pass along your details. It's up to you, let us know if you decide to come through 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors