Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Paddycat
New Contributor
New Contributor

VoLTE on LG V50

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had success in getting VoLTE to work on an LG V50?  I've got VoLTE To work on a couple of other phones with the same Optus SIM card (LG V30, Pixel 3XL, Iphone 12), but not on the LG V50.

My LG V50 is the Telstra variant and VoLTE works with with a Telstra SIM.  Perhaps the Telstra variant only supports VoLTE on its own network.  If so, is there a way I can change the firmware to a non-Telstra version which might work with Optus VoLTE?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: VoLTE on LG V50

Hi @Paddycat it's not great to hear that you're having issues with VoLTE on your LG V50.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Paddycat
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Jono_YC

Thanks for your response.

I have previously contacted Optus messaging a couple of times, and have confirmed:

1.  My number has been provisioned for VoLTE and VoWifi (which makes sense as it works on other phones); and

2.  The LG V50 is not on the list of Optus VoLTE supported phones at https://www.optus.com.au/support/answer?id=20032&typeId=2  (although I know this list is not complete as VoLTE worked on my LG V30 and also on an iPhone 12).

I was just wondering if anyone in the Yes Crowd might have got VoLTE working on an LG V50.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Thanks for clarifying that, @Paddycat 

If the device is not on the list of devices supported for VoLTE then I'm afraid that we cannot activate VoLTE on the device. Let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos