Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Vivid Wireless slow & drops out since migration to Optus

[ Edited ]
Catherineanne

Since Vivid Wireless 4G Wireless internet migrated to Optus in April 2019 the speeds have been slower. This week the drop outs started - up to 10 mins at a time.  Calls to Optus tech support got zero help - not even basic trouble shooting - just a call back promised in 24 hours.   I’ve tried all the usual - power cycling, re booting, moving to different location in house.   Anyone got any suggestions or have similar experiences ? 

Re: Vivid Wireless slow & drops out since migration to Optus

Jeneral__Pain

@Catherineanne there is a thread on Slow Optus 4G after conversion from Vivid thread that @Ray_YC has been tracking the cases and complaints in regards too. Optus has been trying to work out exactly why customers like you have had slow downs. 

Here is the link: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Vivid-Wireless-to-Optus-slow-speeds/td-p/556587...

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Catherineanne

Thanks for the mention and update.  I guess it’s irrelevant to the solution but from a technical perspective I don’t understand why Optus had to change anything when the Vivid customers migrated across as we were already on the Optus mobile network.   I’ve requested a credit for every day that the issue is unresolved.  Other than that I will give it 2 weeks then I’ll look at options to terminate the service and move to another provider (not Optus). It’s a shame  because in 2 years as a vivid Wireless customer (scarred from an  nbn disaster installation with Telstra)  I’ve enjoyed perfect service and recommended it to countless friends.  

Ray_YC

Hi there, 

It sounds like you've been in contact with Optus, so hopefully should be across the latest update:

We will be sending an SMS to customers who have logged an issue asking them to reply HELP ME if they believe their issue has not been resolved.                  

Customers who reply “HELP ME” will be added to the outbound call list.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

psionic001

I have the same problem, and my issues started the moment I was moved to Vividwireless.

The service drops out every hour or so, or after 1-2GB of downloads.

Problem is resolved by repowering the modem and waiting 1-2 minutes to get the service started again.

Also my speeds are around 3Mbps since moving from Vividwireless to Optus.

I called the tech support and they said I'd get a call back within 24-48hrs. It will be 48hrs at midday today.

[ Edited ]
Waynelord-66

Catherineanne

Hi. You’re not alone.  Optus advises me and I quote 

“There is currently a known major issue affecting Vivid wireless services. The fault ticket for this is 20966273. There's no ETR at the moment however our techs are working on getting this resolved daily.“

Suggest you log a fault with Optus tech support and request a credit for the time period you have not have the service delivered. Optus tells me they will process a credit after the fault has been resolved.  Good luck.  

Waynelord-66

Hi there. 

Is there a way to log an issue online rather than on the phone? I'm experiencing slower downloads since I migrated to Optus from Vividwireless back in April as well. My download speed has decreased from 1.4 mbps to around 700kbps.  The sevice is not dropping out though.  Could someone assist me with the correct procedure to log this issue online? 

Thanks.

Catherineanne

Hi again.  My issue isn’t resolved so I’m sending a “Help me” message   Thank you in advance ! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
133 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
46 Kudos