Searching...

Mobile

Re: Visual voicemail

Johno42

@Dan_C thanks for your reply to this topic.

I am a business customer of Optus (ABN and ACN registered on the account) but do not have access to Visual Voicemail.

I have asked what the criteria are for accessing, as it has been repeatedly said here that it is avaiable to business customers, unfortunately I am unable to find out a) as a business customer why I am unable to activate this service for my company, and b) what the criteria are for accessing it to see if there is something that we need to do to qualify.

Unfortunately the Product Disclosure Statements are silent on Visual Voicemail, they don't mention it at all, and unfortunately the Optus team on the phone or via live chat are usually unaware that Optus even offers the service at all.

It would be greately appreciated if you are able to provide any clarification on this matter.

As my business is in the technology consulting field this feature would be very beneficial for my whole team and I find it frustrating that Optus is the only provider that is restricting the availibility of this service.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Aman_B

Sorry for the confusion @  mPrime. Visual Voicemail is only available to Corporate customers and not consumer or business. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mPrime

I'm not confused, I absolutely can't fathom why the service isn't available to everyone. Why keep it locked away when it's available as a function on almost every device? What does Optus gain by keeping it away?

Dan_C

Send us a PM @Johno42, I'll try and source a consultant within our OB/Enterprise team.

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
desktopguy

Hi,

Just joined Optus as a business customer after being turned away from Telstra due to their high pricing.

I need Visual Voice Mail and it was not disclsed anywhere I would not have access to it.

I have run my own compnay for 20 years and this has become essential to my business over the last 6 odd years.

My plan needed ACN/ABN and I'm a registered PTY. Ltd. company.

What do I need to do to get this enabled??

Johno42

@desktopguy

Unless something has changed in recent months and if your buisness is not a "corporate customer", then you will find that Visual Voicemail is not available on the Optus Network. Despite some statements to the contrary in these forums business customers do not appear to qualify.

I have been attempting to obtain the policy from Optus as to which companies qualify for a long time now, but unfortunately it is not published, nor are Optus staff members able to advise me as to what size company, or other conditions, are necessary to qualify for this service.

The only information with respect to availablilty on Visual Vociemail on the Optus network is actually on the Apple page https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982 unfortunately the defination of Corporate isn't there, nor on the Optus pages.

I am in the same situation as you, running a business with a ABN/ACN registered with Optus. I have literally spent hours attempting to obtain information in relation to Visual Voicemail, but it has yet to be forthcoming.

Good luck with chasing this up.

If you do receive any information please do share it with us here.

Cheers, John

Solution

desktopguy

Hi all,

Given up on Optus.

I instead have switched to World Voicemail which does visual voicemail + transcription.

This is in the Australian Apple App Store.

You need to set conditional forawrding which should be - **004*+61891269226#

This didnt work so I had to get Optus to set all conditional all forwarding.

004 means divert when busy, unavailable or no service.

So far, works well and as an added bonus, the voicemails are delivered as WAV so when they come in, I can email them with my helpdesk for furtehr actioning and followup!

JOJO7777

I just joined Optus today 06.02.19 and I am shocked that there is no visual voicemail. Very disappointing. I didn't think to check since all other carriers have had it for years. Very backward of Optus to not offer this. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
71 Kudos
71 Kudos
57 Kudos
45 Kudos