New Contributor CodyR
New Contributor

Visual voicemail

How do I get visual voicemail yo?

27 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Visual voicemail

Its only available for certain Business & Enterprise accounts - so unless you have one of those there is not a way.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor R38642
New Contributor

Wow, that is so lame. I wish I had researched this better before coming to Optus. I just assumed they were as good as Telstra. Disappointing. I’ll be moving back to Telstra as soon as I can!

Tags (1)
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I just find it odd that people make decisions based on a voicemail service. 

Perhaps if you were running a business it would be better feature. 

Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

@Paddylee

Unfortunately, contrary to what you said earlier, even for business customers, Visual Voicemail isn't available.

I made the mistake of believing VVM was available and went chasing this up with Optus tonight. One long support interaction via the app on my phone only to have this then transferred to a voice chat. Four (yes 4) CSR's later, and after nearly an hour on the phone to Optus, I am told that VVM is ONLY available to Corporate customers. It is not available to my business account.

During that time I was repeatedly informed that Optus does not offer Visual Voicemail at all. Only when I informed the CSR that in fact Optus does, but it has been limited to Corporate customers, did they even bother trying to help. What I really got annoyed at, was being decieved by the people I was talking to on the phone, where I was told that Optus does not offer VVM at all. This may have been due to poor training, or incorrect information available, but doesn't make up for the fact that as a customer I was mislead.

VVM should be available, removing this functionality is a significant reduction in the functionality of vioce/messaging that has been available for many years from other providers. 

While I understand that it is a commercial decision by Optus that helps to sell their propriatery products which are not comparable, it is unreasonable to be deceived as to whether the product is available or not. At least let customers have the ability to pay for it at the same price as the (inferior) voice to text product that Optus offer. I would be happy with that.

While Optus do have a price advantage at the moment (and locked in contracts) once that advantage is removed it is behaviour like this that is likely to make me take my business and personal accounts elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Apples own support website has this info already:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982

Optus

• FaceTime over Cellular1
  • LTE
  • Personal Hotspot2
  • Unlocking2
  • VoLTE3
  • Visual Voicemail (corporate accounts only)
  • Wi-Fi Calling

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

@Paddylee

Thank you for the link and information. I was already aware of this information, although the people I spoke to at Optus support appeared to be unaware of it, or denied that it was available on the Optus network.

The reason I contacted support was that in your post in this thread on 18 December you stated "Its only available for certain Business & Enterprise accounts - so unless you have one of those there is not a way." and as I have a business account I was looking to see if I could get it activated.

From our business perspective having this functionality on our phones would be a significant benefit.

New Contributor Fauxreal
New Contributor

I find it odd@Paddylee you would defend the practice of not providing a basic Iphone function that is incredibly useful and time saving.  Please declare if you are paid by Optus to make comment as clearly that is going to alter the way we interpret your opinions.  

Tags (1)
New Contributor Fauxreal
New Contributor

https://www.change.org/p/singtel-optus-pty-limited-optus-it-s-2016-give-us-visual-voicemail 

Seems like customers have tried in the past to get this done.  Maybe we should try again but without the sarcastic tone of this campaign? 

I have recently signed up with Iphone X and cannot believe this simple but invaluable network function is 'Turned off' by Optus. 

Visual Voicemail is available in:

Nigeria

Argentina

Brazil

Colombia

Costa Rica

Dominican Republic 

Equador

El Salvador

Guatemala

Nicaragua

Malaysia

Kuwait

and even like the smallest country in the world the Maldives.... BUT NOT WITH OPTUS IN AUSTRALIA.  Tell your friends this Australia Day that Optus needs to get into the 21st Century and 'Turn On Visual Voicemail'.

Tags (1)
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Fauxreal

I am not paid by Optus to post here, I volunteer my time to try and help others.

Being no "Visual Voicemail" for Android users, how do they cope?

Some reason I dont remember using visual voicemail on my iphone 3gs back in the 3 mobile days, perhaps they did not have it then?

0 Kudos