Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor dp
New Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Just transferred to Optus from Telstra without looking into VVM either. In my defence, I had VVM with Vodafone at no extra cost in 2009 when I got my first iPhone 3GS. So, 7 years later, it never even entered my mind that it wasn't a feature supported by all major carriers. It's not like it's a deal breaker for me, it just seems silly that this great feature is going to waste. Plus, as a result I'm getting that mild "I knew there was a catch / It was too good to be true" feeling from my decision to switch. I'm sure there are reasons for not implimenting it: possibly costs that would utimately be passed on to consumers. Just thought I'd add my opinion as a new Optus customer. Plus I am a firm believer in people power and the persuasive power of social media. There is nothing a good twitter hashtag can't solve.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Sorry for any troubles caused there dp! Whilst it's not something we currently offer will ensure to pass your feedback on. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Chel02
New Contributor

I am a born again Optus customer. And I'm highly disappointed by Optus not having visual voicemail to start with. And secondly having seen two of the same messages from Optus customer service personal comment the same thing nearly two years on about Optus looking into it. More needs to be done then looking into it. Something actually needs to be done! And it is frustrating that it's says on apple visual voicemail is available by Optus in Australia. It is false advertising and very deceiving. DISAPPOINTED! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Amber5001
New Contributor

Contrary to SamSam's advice, if when you changed over from Telstra you asked a question of the salesperson such as "Does Optus have all the same features as Telstra" and they answered "Yes" - they engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct (ie the lack of Visual Voicemail) and you may have legal remedies to rescind your contract. Suggest you take it up with Optus directly before refering to the Telecommunications Ombudsman if you do not get any satisfaction.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

@Chel02 - I can appreciate where you're coming from. I hear your concerns and at this stage the best we can do is pass this feedback on to the right team. My apologies for your experience with us so far. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor michaeloleary
Occasional Contributor

Can you add my request for voice mail to the feedback pool as well. I switched over a few months ago and I was told before I switch that Optus did have visual voice mail and that all I would have to do is call the support line to enable it.  I'm a bill paying customer but this is an important enough feature to me  to seriously considering swapping to the another provider at the end of my contact. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Definitely will do and apologies again for any troubles 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor noordw
New Contributor

Come on Optus,

Its time to move into the times, give us visual voicemail, like every other provider has.

Its getting harder to stay loyal, when you obviously dont listen.

Optus Mobile

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor ram
Occasional Contributor

It's so frustrating to be with one of the only carriers to not offer visual voicemail. This is a feature which would help Optus maintain its competitiveness against other stong Australian providers. To be told by Optus that all features are the same as other providers only to discover that visual voicemail is not an option is unfair. 

Also, this thread is marked as solved? 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor aendi
Occasional Contributor

Marked as solved presumably because it's never going to be 'resolved'.

Perhaps the hundreds of posters on here should consider a petition or something, to make our position better heard by management?