cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

I thought that visual voicemail, having voice mail sent to your phone and stored their was a phone feature not network dependent. Only because it appeared when I got my iPhone 5s, did not think it appeared because I went to Vodafone.

Can't say I am happy with the lack of this feature. I did not know that it would be something i needed to check a provider offered especially if its been available since the 4S (2011). Regreting moving from Vodafone now. 

I miss

1. Visual voicemail/voicemail store on phone

2. Better data reception at home.

3. monthly usage shown by a column graph in days.

Thankfully I only signed up for a 12 month plan. Only 12 months to go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Crawfo - thank for your feedback regarding the visual voicemail. We don't have a ETA for the product but I'll make sure to pass this on to the development crew for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank goodness that I did an internet search about optus and visual voicemail. I was about to switch to optus for its new sim only plan as it offers tons more data allowance than any other provider. The lack of visual voice mail is a game changer for me. Guess I'll stick with hellstra for now

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Whilst this is not something we're currently offering we'll be sure to pass your feedback on mercury0727!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i recently joined Optus and while I haven't really had too many issues with reception, the visiul voicemail function is a game changer for me. Being with Telstra for 10 years and had the function since the iPhone 4, i did not know it was carrier related. Lack of visual voicemail which isnt old technology is disappointing and reading through these posts, it looks to me that Optus has no interest in implementing this feature. I will be moving carriers when my plan expires in 12 months. There were other services that Serena mentioned in earlier posts. The two options you speak of - 

While we currently don't have Visual Voicemail to offer, we do have similar products you can explore. Here's a list of alternatives you can choose from:

Voice to SMS
With Voice to Text, if a caller leaves you a voicemail message in English, in addition to being stored as regular voicemail, the message is converted to text and sent to you as an SMS. Better still, the SMS will appear to come from the caller so that you can return the call or reply directly from the converted SMS.

Voice to MMS
On Voice to MMS, if a caller leaves you a voicemail message in addition to being stored as a regular voicemail, the message is converted to an audio file and sent to you as an MMS.

These both involve ongoing monthly charges. Get with the times Optus. Since i know you wont be getting with the times as you have said you are looking into it since 2011, I will be moving carriers once my plans expire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for getting in touch Tanny - whilst it's not something we're currently offering I'll be more than happy to pass your feedback on. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Are you people not embarresed giving the same answer over and over again?

You really would be better off to tell the truth and admit you are never going to implement visual voice mail and lock this threat. Stringing people along isn't gwinning you any customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Serena,

Thanks for attempting to give an engaged, if underwhelming response.

The one thing you fail to mention is that those other similar products (e.g. voice to SMS) cost extra to use.

If you're not going to activate Visual Voicemail, could you at least consider making voice to SMS free?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

we just changed to Optus yesterday, finding no visual voicemail a pain in the rear.

have had it for the past 8 years with 2 different providers. 

We are not satisfied with the current voicemail options. 

To boot rang Optus to discuss the topic and to see if it was something they were going to consider the operator had no idea what I was talking about And was extremely unhelpful. 

Lucky we have 7 days to opt out of the contract, 

visual voicemail is a great feature and very helpful. 

Optus will be loosing 2 customers tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Guys I found an interesting disover over at https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982 and if it is correct it says that Optus supports visual voicemail now. The page was last updated by Apple on the 29th of March 2016.