New Contributor Noddy
New Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

You have 7 days from sign up to cancel.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mscheurer
Occasional Contributor

Little bit tired of hearing the same old line from Optus about VVM, both my phones are out of contract, might go back to Telstra. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor melrak
New Contributor

I can not believe there is no VV either.

Tech support said" let me assit u with that"

then typed

"we have normal voicemail"

so i joined hthe forum just to say that..

we are ANNOYED

absolutely unbelieveable in 2015>

i  just signed a 2 year plan.. after being on another network foreva--

thats right i remember why i dont trust Optus now.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

All I can say is wow Smiley Surprised

Ok so Optus doesn't support Visual Voicemail and by the looks of things they do not intend to either, its a shame as by the sounds of the posts on this thread it is a critical decider on who you would choose as a provider

What I don't understand is that if this really is a huge deal and it is causing so much pain and hate why you yoursleves did not do your own homework before signing up

It is unfortunate that the service you require is not supported by Optus however the fact remains that it never was so it is not like they misguided or lied to you, you are just angry that you let yourselves down by not doing your homework

If it was a service they offered and then took it away then I would understand the hate but they did not

Hopefully you find alternatives or get what you are looking for to enable you to move Smiley Tongue

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments 🙂
0 Kudos
New Contributor ahutchison84
New Contributor

I litterally went into the Optus store in Greensborough on Saturday, waited 10 minutes to get served (not too bad for a phone store). When I was served I asked the staff member if Optus had pulled their finger out and got visual voicemail for iPhone going yet. She said no and that she didnt even really know what it was, so I showed her and she was like 'wow, that is soo much better than what optos do', and then proceeded to tell me something about some MMS voicemail they do which sounded pretty dumb. I then proceeded to thank her for her help, however I will now need to go to Telstra or Vodafone as this was for my work phone which I absolutely with out doubt need visual voicemail for.

Optus, you didn't get a new customer because of this lol.

I prefer Android however have an iPhone for work, and one thing I can absolutely confirm iPhone dominate Android over is the visual voicemail function, and Optus don't even do it haha ...its mental

Annyway :S

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mscheurer
Occasional Contributor

It's quite bizzare and sad, but hey, that's life...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor aendi
Occasional Contributor

I literally just joined the forum to voice my displeasure at this feature not being available. 

I have been with Optus for over 10 years now, and agree that this is an obvious feature that people are passionate about having.

A serious response to your community's concerns would be valued.

Surely it can't be that hard to implement the feature, or at least to have a definitive stance on whether it is planned or not. Being vague is not really acceptable.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Hi Everyone,

Melark - I've edited your post because of the langue you've used. You're welcome to express your opinions and thoughts whilst staying with in our guidelines. Feel free to have a read of them here - Guide Lines.

Noddy – The excellent thing about My Optus Community is; not only is it a place to help each other, share knowledge, ideas, personal opinions; we can also use My Optus Community as a great tool to help express the feedback we receive from our customers onto our higher managers. We do listen and your voice is heard, this I can assure you.

While we currently don't have Visual Voicemail to offer, we do have similar products you can explore. Here's a list of alternatives you can choose from:

Voice to SMS

With Voice to Text, if a caller leaves you a voicemail message in English, in addition to being stored as regular voicemail, the message is converted to text and sent to you as an SMS. Better still, the SMS will appear to come from the caller so that you can return the call or reply directly from the converted SMS.

Voice to MMS

On Voice to MMS, if a caller leaves you a voicemail message in addition to being stored as a regular voicemail, the message is converted to an audio file and sent to you as an MMS.

Surepage

If your mobile phone is in use, out of range, or switched off, calls to your number will be diverted to your SurePage operator to handle the call. The operator takes your calls and sends through messages as text (up to 160 characters long) to your mobile phone, just like a pager. You can switch between having your calls answered by voicemail or SurePage whenever you like by simply changing your diversions. You can also use SurePage while travelling overseas at no additional cost. (where the service is supported).

I hope this helps,

Serena

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor TOR
Occasional Contributor

Please do review the availability of the visual voicemail service during your regular reviews of products and services. Just moved my company to optus yesterday and the first question i had from users is where is visual voicemail? It is surprising to learn that it is not available on optus towards the end of 2015. its not like its new technology.

Moderator Marie

Welcome to the Optus family TOR Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for taking the time give us your feedback, I can assure you it has been passed on.

At this stage we haven't heard any news about Visual Voicemail becoming available.

I would recommend keeping an eye out, if we do release it we will certainly let you know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos