Searching...

Mobile

Re: Visual Voicemail

normh

Well guess what, I am posting again just in case my promise to you gets lost in an older thread. :-)

Back on the 28Jan2015 I posted in amazement and disappointment at being misled when switching from Vodafone to Oputs that there was no visual voice mail on my iPhone and that was after being assured I would see no difference prior to me switching.

At the time I gave Optus the term of my contract to fix it (2 years)  My last payment on my phone was made this month and it is still not fixed.

I have transferred, it will take effect within the next 24 hours, 2 of my accounts to Telstra, the remaining 2 accounts will be transferred on Tuesday morning back to Vodafone (don't need the same extensive coverage on these 2 accounts + if one network goes down then the other will continue to work)  So Optus have lost about $2,000 a year in regular income.

I will never be back with Optus and I will continue to point this lack of service and "stringing people along" (just read the responses to this complaint over the years) out and discourage people whenever the opportunity presents itself.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Visual-Voicemail/m-p/196965#M36776  is the link to the older thread.

arkie

Good on you.

Unfortunately, it is the only thing that will make them do something about it.

Just ridiculous.

Waiting for my contact to expire too.

arkie

That's hilarious.

djh590

I will be leaving at the end of my contact in a few months. Optus is a disgrace.

cdayo

I too will be bailing as soon as contract is over. Vodafone ftw.

Edelweissblue

Here we are 3 years later and reading this and having myslef just been sold on leaving Telstra and coming to Optus, they did not mention that such a basic service is NOT available - can't wait to finish this plan and go back to Telstra.  PS I am willing to pay for the service but dont even get the option - sucks big time. Would I recommend OPTUS to my family and friends ?  NO WAY !

normh

Yes sorry to hear that, I am really happy with Telstra and my visual messaging service and my wife on vodafone, I still to this day point this issue out to people and actively discourage them from ever considering Optus.  I can't tell  you how many people I speak to and tell them.

All the best with your contract, if it has not been going too long you may be able to get out of it, speak to Optus and then the ombudsman.

cheers

normh

Hey aendi & PhantomFoxx, hope you are still fit and healthy, it is now Nov2018 and YES we do read your post and we don't file them.  YES we do ignore them though.  Hope you have found another provider with visual voice mail.

MichaelTuck

This is an absolute joke, Optus looks good from the outside, crap from the inside.. How does optus not have visual voicemail when telstra and vodafone do??? https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982

This is the beginning of the end for optus, their service, customers service and features are all bottom of the barrel... good luck....

Highlighted

normh

Hi, I left when I said I would, I still get messages from this thread of people complaining about the lack of visual voice mail, I still tell people if you have an apple or ever intend to have an apple don't ever sign up to Optus.

Best of luck, don't know how long your contract is, you can try and get out of it, comlaining to Optus does no good and their platitudes meaningless

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos