cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jawapaul
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail

Optus..... How can you not see this as a priority ? Millions of potential customers have been lost or swayed due to you NOT having this really basic and useful tool. Why ?

12 Replies
Occasional Contributor CHILLIBILLI
Occasional Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Excellent ideal! 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey Snapperhead, at this stage this feature is not built into the network; however I will be passing on your feedback. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ka_Hooli
Occasional Contributor

Typical "canned" reply and you've just shown that you don't know what you are talking about,  "Hey Snapperhead, at this stage this feature is not built into the network; however I will be passing on your feedback."

This feature is available for corporate customers (not consumer or small & medium business customers) on the Optus network, see section 4.8 of this document: https://www.optus.com.au/content/dam/optus/appendix/Appendix%20Y/AppY.doc

So, this brings me to the question we all would like answered, BY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, when will Optus make this feature available for all their customers???

Tags (1)
RetiredModerator Thane
RetiredModerator

Hi Ka_Hooli,

As mentioned previously in many a thread, we don't have an update or date to provide. Interpretation is a wonderful thing. It may be that it's on its way but we're unable to advise when, or it may be that its never going to happen. If it's taken on face value, we simply do not have info we can provide to you at this stage.

In regards to Pete's reply, he is correct in that he VVM is not built into the normal consumer and small & medium business back end network systems. The corporate back end systems are not the same systems, and are capable.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ka_Hooli
Occasional Contributor

Basically you're telling us you know nothing, and I can see the feedback has been escalated in multiple threads about this.

If I had to guess, the corporate market got VVM because otherwise they may have gone to your competitors, and that would be quite a bit of money lost.  From all the VVM threads here on Yes Crowd forum, it looks like you've also lost lots of consumer and business customers because of this already.  It's 2017 now, the iPhone is 10 years old, 9 years in Australia, and every version of the iPhone has been VVM capable.  Andriod, Blackberry and Windows Mobile OS's  all are VVM capable as well.

Who do we need to talk to, to find out when VVM is going to be implemented on the consumer network?  Because obviously anyone working any of Optus's social media and social networking sites (including Yes Crowd forum) are not able to provide this answer.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

I can understand this is something that you are wanting an ETR for @Ka_Hooli but as with most implementations we're unable to provide ETR's on projects and Network changes until we are advised by the project or Networks team that it's happening and confirmed. 

I understand this isn't the outcome you had hoped for today but unfortunately we 're unable to provide info that we haven't been provided with. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Adamb001
New Contributor

Dear Optus.

I have been a customer for close to 15 year. After discovering visual voicemail on my partners Vodafone and seeing how many Optus customer have been asking for this service for many many years I too will be leaving at the end of my contract.

Tags (1)
Moderator Alistar

Understand the frustration however as Hollie has mentioned still no ETR at this stage Smiley Sad I will however use this example and pass this info on as I have in the past as multiple customers would love to have this feature. Al

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor ByteMeComm
Occasional Contributor

I note with much disappointment that your reply indicating that you would be passing on feedback regarding the availability of the Apple iPhone Visual Voicemail feature has seemingly either fallen on deaf ears or been ignored completely as more than 6 months have passed and no real helpful or useful updates have been provided let alone any progress been made on the issue. 

The Visual Voicemail feature has been available to Personal Customers of other major Network Providers in Australia (your Competitors) for some years now, FREE of charge and is largely considered to form a part of the basic services offered to ALL customers whether Personal, Prepaid, Business or otherwise.

How can Optus seriously expect to be considered as a genuine provider of Mobile Telecommunications services when it lacks such basic features and ignores it's valued customers whether they be personal, individual, business, reseller or corporate and expect to retain customer satisfaction?

Shame on you Optus, shame!

Top Contributors