Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Oli
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail

Just transferred over from Telstra and am extremely f&@$3d off at the lack of visual voicemail with Optus. Are you ever going to support this or do I have to be serially irritated by your currently useless voicemail service. If I had known about this before making the change I definitely would have looked elsewhere for a service provider. Not good enough Optus, I'll be slagging you out to all and sundry until this changes.
79 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Hey Oli

Doesn't look like it after a search online unfortunately, I had never heard of it until this post Smiley Tongue

The only service I could see being useful might be Voice to Text or Voice to MMS

All the best

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments 🙂
RetiredModerator Dave
RetiredModerator

Hi Oli,

Sorry - not aware of any plans to offer Visual Voicemail at this stage. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mark_Dyson
New Contributor

I completely agree with oli, it is totally rubbish this feature is not enabled? I too changed over from Telstra and would not have change if I had known this to be the case. As soon as I am out of contract I will change back to Telstra or Vodafone to find this feature. I out up with poorer 4g service for the slighkt cheaper Bulls and larger download limits hug visual voicemail should be a bare minimum.

Not happy.
Tags (1)
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey Mark_Dyson - although Visual Voicemail is not available currently, we do regularly review our products & services so I'll definitely pass on your feedback. On the 4G front, we've done a heap of upgrades over the last couple of months to expand our 4G coverage and there's lots more coming. If you ever want to check a specific area, go to our Coverage Map & you can put in a post code, suburb or an address. On the site you can click a button for 3mths or 6mths so you can see what upgrades are happening.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JemR
New Contributor

0 Kudos
New Contributor JemR
New Contributor

I am astounded. I can't believe Optus doesn't support visual voicemail. This is a game changer for me. I want out. Can I break my contract? How behind can Optus be? I am also shocked at how terrible the coverage is. Truly I am one disappointed and angry Optus customer (soon to not be an Optus customer!)
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You can't get out of your contract based on Optus not providing visual voicemail. It was like that before you agreed to your contract you just didn't do your research. While you feel you're entitled to it, it's not necessary for Optus to provide it. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor JemR
New Contributor

I can get out of my contract SamSam, there is a break fee involved. But I am leaving Optus. You're right about not doing my research...I assumed Optus had made it into the 21st century....
New Contributor Noddy
New Contributor

Pull your head in Chris, Optus customers have been complaining since 2011 about visual voicemail not being available and you guys have been saying the same fluff for the past 4 years. how many complaints have to be passed on for action to take place. The problem is that the people like Vicki Brady are not seeing these complaints. 

I signed up today and have just realised you guys are in the dark ages so I will be cancelling, Yes everyone you have 7 days to cancel, so if you have just changed over to optus and realised they dont have visual voicenmail, then cancel and head over to Telstra or Vodaphone.