Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nja
New Contributor
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail.... now I'm actually walking

I've waited a couple of years for Optus to implement Visual Voicemail on the iPhone just like the other carriers have, to no effect.

Looks like I'll take the Telstra pre-registration offers when I get an iPhone 12 and make the switch. The pricing on the XL plan will be in line with/cheaper than Optus now, and I'll finally get the feature I used to have on Telstra until I switched.

It'll be me and my two devices, plus my two kids who switch. That's four more plans lost over this ridiculous policy, Optus. See ya.

7 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Visual Voicemail.... now I'm actually walking

We'll be sad to see you go, @nja

I'm afraid a specific reason/answer hasn't been made available. However, I will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams so we can improve our customer service experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
apjhunt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

> However, I will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams so we can improve our customer service experience.

Can I ask exactly what happens when you “pass this on?”

I know you want to improve the customer service experience. And the ONLY way for Optus to do this is to enable Visual Voicemail for your iPhone customers - like every single other carrier does.

If Optus aren’t actually interested in providing a good service - then I think after at least ten years of asking for Visual Voicemail, we ought to have some sort of explanation from Optus.

Why not? Do Optus save money somehow by not enabling it? Is it a technical problem for Optus?

Seriously, I bet the CEO of Optus, who would be using an iPhone on an Optus Corporate plan WITH visual voicemail, has absolutely no idea that 100% of his normal iPhone customers are unable to use it, and essentially have purchased a $1000-$2000 phone which is hobbled by Optus (and by Optus only.)

It is really bizarre and defies explanation.

As a Yes Crowd moderator, could you please once again pass on the feedback - we all really, really, really, really, really, really want this absolutely BASIC feature of our expensive phones to be activated. Pass it on a thousand times, pass it up, pass it to corporate, pass it to marketing, pass it to the CEO if you can.

It is about to be 2021, it is unfathomable that this is still an issue for Optus customers. Unfathomable. Utterly bizarre.
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Well seeing that you got a reply that it went live today on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/anthonypjhunt/status/*****52160768?s=21
apjhunt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I now have visual voicemail!!

I hope other customers get it soon.

I’d like to think it was the CEO tweet that did it...! But probably just fortuitous timing? Has this been planned a while?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes, immaculate timing is what you can put it down to 😊

Can I ask, when you activated it did you receive a text message advising your Voicemail PIN has been reset? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
apjhunt
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes I did - I had a text message regarding an order update, with an order reference. And then a text message saying that for security Optus has reset my Voicemail PIN (and giving me the new PIN.)

I didn’t need to do anything else - when I went to voicemail in the iPhone Phone app, it was set up, and my voicemails appeared as a list of messages. Huzzah!
Jack_YC

Great to see you've got that set up now @apjhunt. Please reach out if you have any other queries. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos