Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Visual Voice Mail

Firstworldprob

I have moved to Optus from Vodafone yesterday and found out that Visual Voice mail is not available to Optus customers, with the exception of Corporate Business users.

What a shame Optus

Solution

Re: Visual Voice Mail

Paddylee

Apple's own website has this limitation. 

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Firstworldprob

I have already checked the link prior to posting. This is not a limitation from Apple's end. On the Apple website, both Telstra and Vodafone are listed as Visual Voice Mail enabler BUT for Optus, it is only for corporate accounts only. I have also verified with Apple Support and they have confirmed that this is service Optus needs to enable for their users.

My understanding is Optus currently has an agreement with Apple to provide Visual Voice mail only to corporate accounts and block for the general users. 

Do you know the solution? you could enable voice mail to MMS which is $4.99/month extra. Now, do you realise why Visual Voice Mail is not available for all?

I honestly didn't expect this from Optus.

Paddylee

Optus recently started sending me my voicemails via mms and I did not pay extra for that (though turned that feature off as I dont want to use it)

Info here: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/Answering-services

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Ray_YC

If you search the forum for Visual Voicemail you'll find this question has been asked for several years. A specific reason/answer hasn't been made available, it's just that for whatever reason Optus has decided to not fully support it.

A fellow customer suggested an alternative that may interest you on the second last post on this thread.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Firstworldprob

Thanks, Mr Online Community Manager for your input and suggestion. If you could kindly check the post "Voicemail to MMS" you will see this post was posted just an hour before me. It says the customer is fed up with Voicemail to MMS. Anyway, it is something I am not interested in. 

I needed Visual Voice Mail and unfortunately, I can't have it as long as I am with Optus. end of the story.

Over and out.

Ray_YC

Not sure why there is confusion, did you click on the linked thread to see the post by desktopguy.

I did not suggest you use Voicemail to MMS. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
43 Kudos