Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor JesswhyM3
New Contributor

Virgin to Optus - Still No Service

I am sorry - this is long and complicated, but it's the only way to get the whole story out for someone to (hopefully) resolve for me.

- 22/06/18 Ordered a new phone and plan. All good, received the next day.

- Went online to activate SIM. Was told to call or chat to activate as it was a Virgin to Optus port. First person I spoke to told me that my order was on an old system, and he would have to cancel my order and place a new one on the new system, but not to worry as there is no delivery required, it should just be a quick process. Transferred me to Sales.

- Sales person went to place new order, asked me what colour phone I wanted. I told her I already had the phone - she was surprised. After being on hold for a long time, she came back and told me that she was going to have to cancel my order, place a new one, then return the brand new phone I had just received so they could send me a replacement brand new phone. I told her that was ridiculous and asked if there was another option. Told that was the only way. I left the chat.

- Went into Optus store, explained the situation. He said that was ridiculous and I shouldn't have been told that. By this time, my virgin number had been disconnected but Optus SIM is showing as "Not Provisioned" He gave me a new sim, I talked to activations team who confirmed that the number was active. Told to wait 15 mins - 4 hours. This was a Saturday.

- Monday - Still not working. Went out and bought a pre-paid SIM because I have small kids and need to be contactable in case of emergency. If you call number it says "Optus wishes to advise that this number has been disconnected"

- Friday - called number, got a voicemail box! Yes! Tried SIM - SIM not provisioned.

- Wednesday (today) - went into store. Gave me ANOTHER new SIM. Advised should be working in 15mins - 4 hours.

- Over 4 hours later - went onto online chat. Told to log in to My Account to activate SIM. My Account tells me to link my service, can't because it needs to send a security code to my number. Number obviously not working. Chat agent does something on his end and tells me he's fixed the problem to try again in 15 mins, then closed off the chat while I was waiting, despite not solving my problem at all.

- Try to log in - now My Account is saying "Not Authorised"

- Chat again - go through all the motions again. I give agent my new SIM number and she tells me that it is in the process of being activated and is "POSITIVE" that it will be working in 15 mins to 4 hours (despite it being apparently activated over 8 hours ago by the person in the shop)

I'm seriously losing my mind over this. I can't understand how it has taken so long to port a number over. I've had to go and pay for a pre-paid SIM while this is happening, it's not right.

The worst part was, receiving my first bill last week for a service that I've not been able to use.

I was actually in tears over this today, I just want someone to fix this!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Occasional Contributor Navy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Virgin to Optus - Still No Service

I have been waiting for over 3 weeks with a similar issue, so unfortunately it seems like a common situation with Optus!

Lots of promises and no resolution.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@JesswhyM3, the whole experience does sound like a let-down.

If you'd like us to go in and take a look, we're happy to do that. 

Can you send us a private message? We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

Send your detilas through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JesswhyM3
New Contributor

It's finally working! It took over a month, but I'm thrilled to have service less than a week after posting on here. Thanks so much @Dan_C

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Thanks for letting us know @JesswhyM3! I'll be sure to pass this on to Dan 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors