Searching...

Mobile

Virgin number to optus - Sim still not active after 4 hours

dbodbo

G'day!  4 hours ago I've asked Chat support to activate my new Optus card after applying to switch over my Virgin mobile number to Optus on a SIM only plan yesterday.  The SIM is still not active after these last 4 hours.  Should I ring Optus now or is this normal?

Thanks! Dan

Highlighted

Re: Virgin number to optus - Sim still not active after 4 hours

Thanhduong

Hi Dan, how are you going with your new Optus SIM card? Mine is still dead Smiley Sad

dbodbo

still not active.  it's been jst under 12 hours  since requested at 10AM today.

Thanhduong

Me, too. This’s really a patience test!

Thanhduong

Hey, if your SIM is still not working. You might want to go to the store and asked them to switch their SIM card with your SIM card. I don’t really know what the problem is but probably their phone helps to activate my SIM. I just got mine done at the store in Camberwell and it’s working now. Hope it helps

Tris

@dbodbo any luck since you last posted? We've got a Sales Support team available on 1300300562 (Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm) if you still need a hand with this. We may need to follow up something on our end.

Good to hear a SIM swap has sorted you out @Thanhduong!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dbodbo

Hi @Tris - no joy yet.  I have contacted support again yesterday 10AM and they said they have now manually ported the number (it took 5-10mins to do it manually).  They then advised me to wait another 24-48 hours.  That means 10AM Thursday would be D-Day. 

Tris

Thanks for the update, sorry it's taking so long, please let us know how it goes

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dbodbo

Hi all - this number was successfully ported yesterday. Hurrah!  So it took basically 4 days to do and was more painful than i thought it should've gone but all's well in the end. 

Thanks for the responses!

Dan_C

Ah, that's great to hear @Dbodo. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

If you have any other questions for us, you're welcome to reach out to us here. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos