Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Re: Viobuzzy scam

AlvinBautista

I've also received additional charges from Viobuzzy which I never signed up for. Looking at the ACMA's website, I know this is against regulations because 1) I did not opt in to any clearly stated advertisements about this service, 2. I didn't sms, didn't give a voice resppnse nor provide my phone number to confirm I wanted a Viobuzzy service. 3. I had not been doing anything on my phone when I suddenly received a text message from Viobuzzy, asking me to text Stop if I didn't want the service. I texted Stop as soon as I got the text (which was the first time I became aware of Viobuzzy) and still got charged when I didn't partake in their services. 

Optus, can I have someone get back to me to remove these charges from my bill or I too will be taking the matter to the telecommunications ombudsman

Aman_B

Hi @AlvinBautista, looks like you have been subscribed to a premium service. Please contact our Live chat here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and we'll have this investigated by the content provider. We can restrict further charges for premium services on our end. Once that is done there won't be further charges. 

AlvinBautista

Please unsubscribe me from any premium services. I never signed up for them and neither do I have an option to sign up nor underhand from them on the Yes Optus app. 

JordanOptus

Hey AlvinBautista, apologies for any inconvenience caused with this. 

Check out this page here which tells you more about premium content services and how to block them.

If you didn't authorise the charges, you can dispute the charges by having a chat with Customer Care.

Cheers,

Jordan

AlvinBautista

Tried. Can't even perform these instructions on a mobile. It's such a poor user experience that I have to login three times to access Yes Crowd, my account and then the premium services management separately. Then after all that, I get a message on screen stating internal server error everytime I try to get to the premium services. What's the point in the optus app if you can't even, manage your account there? 

Optus really needs to do some user testing to discover what they're subjecting customers to when trying to navigate their websites. Really flaky performance. 

So right now I can't deactivate a Viobuzzy premium service myself, begs the question how anyone in Optus could think customers experiencing the same problem could've activated this premium service themselves. 

Rippsa

Hi Alvin Bautista, that was my point, apparently someone from Viobuzzy will get in contact with me within 5 days, which I doubt. If they don't, TIO can help deal with it. This isn't a problem most people created, but telcos did. If the same click through to subscribe applied on my desktop, then I would have 3 phone companies, four electricity providers, 2 water companies etc. All the "I'm sorry you've had a bad experience" copy/paste, the problem just shouldn't exist. I wonder whether the ACCC is curious about this issue 

JordanOptus

Sorry AlvinBautista Smiley Sad I'll gladly pass on your feedback about the website and app.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your account number, full name, and DOB, and I'll be able to help out.

Cheers,

Jordan

loubyscouby

I think I've been caught up in the same scam. Nearly $20 of charges on my bill this month for Viobuzzy and Viobuzzy 2 which I have not signed up for. I spent about an hour on the online chat with customer care this afternoon but got no help other than having premium content services blocked *in future* - the operative I spoke to was unable to reverse or even dispute the charges which seems ridiculous to me. I have no relationship with the suppliers mentioned on my bill (MIA Sphere Live, Digital Turbine 9), and (based on these forums) they are clearly scammers causing lots of problems for Optus customers, so why is Optus expecting me to dispute these charges directly with the scammers themselves?

Rippsa

If you read online, apparently Optus gets up to 30% commission, unless they would like to correct me? It's disappointing, mine hasn't been resolved, I'll wait for the bill then if it hasn't come off TIO... 

Rippsa

If you read online, apparently Optus gets up to 30% commission, unless they would like to correct me? It's disappointing, mine hasn't been resolved, I'll wait for the bill then if it hasn't come off TIO... 

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
26 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos