Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Viobuzzy scam

Sneezy1

Ok I've stopped them charging for now but as yet can't log in to set my sms spend to zero. My bill is due tomorrow and just want to pay my Optus part of the bill and not the third party scam part so I don't have to go down the track of trying to get a refund from these pricks. Any got a phone number of an actual person I can speak to at Optus?

Re: Viobuzzy scam

nonscenic

Received the Tap Gamez scam SMS on my partner's phone (I spent an hour "chatting" with Optus last week after aViobuzzy scam on mine) I'm pretty confident my 60 year old partner isn't into gaming. It took me a half hour again today with Optus and the refunded charges are rather slow in being reflected in my mobile account. It seems to be happening on a very large scale.

Sneezy1

Luckily for me I hadn't paid my bill so I just manually paid my exact phone bill and not the content charges that Optus said weren't there's. Now I'll wait and see if Optus or the scam third party try and get their fraudulent dollars!!

JordanOptus

Hey Sneezy1, I'd be more than happy to set your premium SMS limit to $0 if it hasn't been done yet and dispute the charges. 

I'd just need you to PM me your account details (number, full name, DOB) and we can sort it out.

Cheers,

Jordan

Jamit

Have you manage to find how to refund the money back? I am having the same issues. Im sure I have got them to put my spend to zero as per the live chat person. But they are telling me to call the scammers to get refund or they will call me... No way am I talking to them.

Sneezy1

I never paid the extra on my bill. The moderator that helped me was going to try and get it sorted. If you've already paid for the service then I think you have to ring the scammers up....

Jamit

I haven't paid my bill yet. It's not yet due but soon. I have cancelled my direct debit so I can manually pay only what I owe not the extra. 

Will call Optus and get them to sort this out. I've been on hold waiting for 2 hrs before they close so gave up for today...

Rippsa

Hi Jamit - I've been hit with the same BS and looks like it is direct carrier billing, where your mobile number is placed in the data when looking at  sites. I've contacted Optus twice first time they said they will block it and refund it (asked for notes, no mention of it, of course), next chat with Celia online was no help (in Philippines). Call them 1300 blah blah for a refund. As I said to her, if you can't fix it, it will become a TIO issue. So if a moderator is looking at this - within 2 days I'll be getting in touch with them, as there are cost for TIO complaints. Worst part - my phone bill has been in credit for years and I'm being penalised for good behaviour. Talk about a way to damage your brand in the eyes of consumers......

AlexRH

Hi @Rippsa, this isn't the sort of hassle we'd want you to have Smiley Sad

If you can PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB - we'd be more than happy to take a look at what's going on there. 

Jay_Bee

Why isn't Optus doing anything about this SCAM .... Too slow Optus !!!

I have been scammed and would like to get a refund immediately rather than an investigation to the third party (the scammers) taking 3 - 5 days.

Will Optus be giving their customers refunds (or at the very least contacting them) that have not complained or have not realised they have been scammed.

I have contacted the Ombudsman about this !!!

Poor effort Optus !!

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
27 Kudos
10 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos