cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Ken054
New Contributor

Viewing bill for account I'm managing

I manage an account for my disabled grandson. I'm listed on his account as being able to act on his behalf. Optus sends emails to me to let me know the latest bill is ready to be paid and allows me to pay it. However I've yet to find anyway to actually view the bill and check usage either before payment or in history after it's paid. Is it possible? If not, why not? If it is possible, then how do I do it? Why do you expect me to pay bills that I can't see?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Viewing bill for account I'm managing

If your getting the remind to pay email that means your email has not been verified yet. You need to get in touch with Optus to help you verify you email. You can also track your usage by downloading the Optus App or checking your My Account through the Optus Website
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Does the PDF of the bill get sent to your sons email? Not sure if you can set up auto forwarding to your account (or just log into his email account?). You could get a paper bill delivered but that would cost $2.20 a month (however as you are not direct debiting it seems you'll already be paying the $2.20 a month and I believe Optus don't charge it twice)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ken054
New Contributor

@MRSKNOWITALL 

Thanks for your reply. I had the Optus App installed previously, when I had an Optus account, but it wouldn't let me link in my grandson's mobile. Even Optus couldn't tell me how to do it but that was a couple of years ago. I'll try again to see if it's improved. Dunno why the email isn't verified. If it isn't, then why do they keep sending bill reminders to someone who might not be the appropriate recipient? (Rhetorical question). Dunno why I should have to ring them. Everybody else on the planet includes a link in the email to verify it. I'll try them tomorrow.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yea I know it's a bit of a hassle but also feedback for them to take on. I was told last time when I asked why am I not recieving the bills but getting reminder notices and was advised because there is sensitive info in the bill like the itemized calls of customers outbound calls . Let's say they send it to the wrong address , they have breached not only the customers privacy but the privacy of people who the customer calls
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ken054
New Contributor

True. One of the reasons I left Telstra was because they continually sent my bill to a bloke with a completely different name in WA (similar email address though). I got tired of telling them of about the issue, as did the bloke in WA, but it still kept happening in spite of our email complaints and phone calls.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ken054
New Contributor

However, I should think that when they send me a bill payment reminder and the bill gets paid then it's a pretty safe bet that they've sent the reminder to the correct email address. I hardly think total strangers or scammers are going to pay my grandson's phone bill out of the goodness of their hearts.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors