Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Video calls

RhysJo

I can't make video calls from my Samsung A5. I could from my old provider but something has changed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

RJ

Re: Video calls

pwright

Are you refering to a Video Call from the Phone Keypad to another Mobile Number? If so, you may need to get customer service to enable it on your account.  And watch out for the charges, there not normally included in plans, and can be $1 per min.  As this is an old standard by today (64k circuit switched), have you considering using something like Skype or Facebook Messanger to do video calls? There much better qualtiy and free over Wifi, and and on Mobile only use some of your data, rather then an additional per minute rate.

RhysJo

Thank you for that, much appreciated.

I heard that Skype had lost a bit n the user experience since MS took over but, as you say, it is the cheaper alternative (I don't and won't use Facebook Smiley Happy )

pwright

There are lots of clients, Google has its own Duo, depends if your calling from Android to Android or Android to iPhone.  As there all free, give each one a go and find the one that works for you. Circuit Switch calls are starting to be removed by carriers, and not used as the quality now days at 64k is terrible on a large screen, and even removed off some devices like iPhone etc.  Hope you find something that works for you and get a great experience!

RhysJo

Thanks,

I am moving away form the city and would like to be able ot vid friends and family, so will try and hunt out the best option for me.

Your help is really appreciated!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
155 Kudos
130 Kudos
96 Kudos
93 Kudos
77 Kudos