Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Video calls samsung galaxy

Just want to ask optus team, when they plan to fixing problem with samsung galaxy s8 video calls?? Or you guys prefer keep saying this is Samsung issue?, but not, its perfect working with all others mobile providers like a  Telstra and Vodafone! In this case, it looks like you are cut some device functionality, which is bad as well.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Video calls samsung galaxy

Hi @Denru, we don't have updates on this yet but I'll certainly pass on your feedback. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Optus blame Samsung - Samsung say it is an Optus issue. If you have purchased a newer phone then Optus do not support the video call function in the newer phones (thus making a newer phone WORSE than the older versions). This is an optus problem as if I had kept my phone with Telstra or Vodaphone (or kept my older Samsung phone) then this would not be an issue. Only solution I was given was to download yet another application to use. I had to download an app for text messages as they removed the personalised text tones for individuals - therefore ZERO native systems within the new phone purchased are actually useful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Panjafranni, I did a brief write up on the topic a few months back.

Check it out https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Samsung-3G-Video-Calling-Update/m-p/368996/highlight/true#M...

If you have any questions, you're welcome to send them through.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy