cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor TE96
New Contributor

Very unhappy

So, I’m posting here to vent my frustration, because nobody at Optus seems to listen to me. 

Im a diabetic and epileptic, I need a working phone with me at all times for emergencies. It could mean life or death. 

Ive recently found my phone is dying, so I needed to upgrade a month and a bit early. I ordered a new phone and plan online, and was told that there would be no cost at all to me. A day later I get an email asking me to call in reference to the order, I call, give details, and double check that there will be no cost in the process to me. I was once again told that there’s no cost at all, and to expect a confirmation email within 24 hours with tracking info on my new phone. 

3 days go by. No email, I call, thinking maybe the email address was incorrect in their system. No. I get told that I have to pay a $99 fee to upgrade my plan (handset fee). I have documentation from the 17th (two or so weeks earlier) saying my handset fee was $47? I asked her to cancel the order so I could go instore and figure out what is going on. She says it’s all canceled, no problems. 

I go instore the the next day and the order hasn’t been cancelled, so hey cannot access any information. I leave, call again, ask for it to be cancelled again, they cancel it. I go back instore, SAME THING. Hasn’t been cancelled yet. I call again and am put through to a supervisor and assured that it has been cancelled, even receiving a text message confirming it. I go back in and it STILL ISNT CANCELLED. 

I called the shop this morning, hoping maybe it’s just a lag once the system, nope. Still not cancelled, I call at 1pm today, and cancel it AGAIN. Voila! This time it’s been cancelled. 

I live chat chat to see the cost of canceling all together because I can’t  handle this bull anymore. Apparently my handset fee is now $66?! 

What is the truth, here? Because I’ve been told it’s free, it’s $43, $93, and now $66? 

Youve lost another customer. I’m done. You can’t stress people out like this. I need a phone for serious medical reasons and I’m being messed around constantly. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Occasional Contributor Benmaisey
Occasional Contributor

Re: Very unhappy

Optus customer service is horrendous !

Retired Employee MouniraH
Retired Employee

Hi TE96

We sincerley apologise for your experience and hoping we can turn your experience around for you shortly as I have escalated your issue.

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey TE96,

This isn't what we like to hear and I can appreciate your concerns with this Smiley Sad

I will be able to look into this for you and pass on your feedback about your experience.

If you could please PM me through your full name, d/o/b and mobile number, I'll then be able to get the ball rolling on this.

Looking forward to giving you a hand with this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors