Searching...

Mobile

Very slow 4g speed at night time, in doubt to change my home ADSL to Optus 4g

Nickymch

I recently upgrade my phone to 80g, and thinking about to purchase more data to replace my home Telstra ADSL to Optus 4G.

During the day, the speed is smashing the ADSL for sure. But at night time, it's really concerned.

I tested last 3 days, average about 1-3m download speed.

My ADSL is currently 5m, it's not quick, but stable. 

Is this 1-3m download speed normal? or Optus can do something to boost it?

And any suggestion should I change to 4G or keep the ADSL?

Re: Very slow 4g speed at night time, in doubt to change my home ADSL to Optus 4g

Yeldarb

Mobile data plans have come a long way in recent years however if you are a data junkie fixed services are still the way to go. Your ADSL connection is restricted by the quality of the line and the distance to the exchange so it's unlikely that you will ever see an improvement. Mobile data plans are still not big enough to replace fixed services in my opinion however I guess that all depends on how much data you use.

With so many people using mobile devices these days and with plans that keep getting bigger every year it was only a matter of time before congestion started affecting the mobile network and it's unsurprising to me that your speeds are getting that slow during peak times. I guess if it was me I would be holding on to the ADSL until such time as I the mobile plans are big enough and reliable but I guess everyone is different and 80GB might be all you need.

Re: Very slow 4g speed at night time, in doubt to change my home ADSL to Optus 4g

Dan_C

We've recently introduced new Optus Wireless broadband plans

In the past, our, "home wireless plans" were capped at 12Mbps. Our new offers include a generous amount of data with no cap. It’s something to consider. We also offer a month-month option (if you have your own 4G supported device)

If you have any other questions, send them our way Smiley Very Happy

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Well I actually updated my 140GB $70 sim only plan to a 200GB $60 plan this morning so I'm well aware of the excellent value data plans Optus has to offer. I must say the kicker with that deal is I get a new Galaxy Tab 4 with the plan.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/tablet-watch/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-4

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
173 Kudos
152 Kudos
119 Kudos
85 Kudos
83 Kudos