Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor GrumpyKoala007
Occasional Contributor

Validating a Sim - Don't Know If I've Been Successful

Hi, folks.

Sorry to be a pest, but I've made multiple efforts to validate a $10 sim bought at Woolworths yesterday. My 16 yo son was with Aldi, but because I had switched to Optus, I couldn't access his account to pay it, so thought the switch for him as well might make sense. I'm not so sure now.

Anyhow, I want to both port his number and validate his sim. When I get through the process and authorise payment etc., I either get sent back to the start, or I end up with the swirling thingummy in the middle of the screen. Over and over again. To describe myself as frustrated would be a significant understatement.

So, I don't know if I've validated umpteen times, or not at all. I'm presuming the latter, as I've had no sms/email notifying me the process is in train. I guess I'm doing something wrong and will feel a real idiot when someone points it out, but I'm getting to the end of my tether. I know someone will suggest phoning or going into a shop, but I have a mental illness (chronic suicidal depression) that has the add-ons of detesting making phone calls (ironically!) and talking to people I don't know.

Any help would be most welcome, but if push comes to falling off the cliff I'll have to walk through my valley of death (sorry, a bit of over statement there) and either phone or go to a shop tomorrow (Friday). My son is going out tomorrow night and needs his phone to stay in contact with us.

It used to be possible to chat online with support. They were great, but I'm blowed if I can find it today! Oh, what a day I've had.

Thanks, hopefully,

Lex

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Validating a Sim - Don't Know If I've Been Successful

Hi

Have you put the SIM in the phone to see it it's connected?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

I just type Optus chat into google, to find it.

Their website is horrendous. It took me about 5 minutes to log in, this time. It just goes around and round. I'm surprised anybody can come back to this forum to make a reply, because the login will probably nark them off. I only know how to do it because I'm smart.

I'm only with Optus, because of their 100 and 140GB mobile plans. Some of the tablet plans are irresistable. Otherwise, I'd steer clear of it, and use Aldi and Amaysim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hiya. Good question, but putting the sim in was the first thing I did when I began this torture, early yesterday afternoon. I have just had a thought though. When I tried to reply to your message I got taken to the yescrowd home site. And when I tried to login, nothing happened. I use the latest Firefox as my browser. It occurred to me the browser might be the problem. I'm sending this on Chrome. I reckon I'll try the validation on Chrome and see what happens. I'll let you know. Wish I had though of this 27 hours ago!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Make sure the name you use is the one on the aldi account and the identification you use is in that name. I.e. If it is in your son's name use his identification.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Using a new browser can work, because it's like deleting cookies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm afraid it worked up to a point, I got through the whole damned process, clicked the validate button, then got taken back to the page where I tell the site I want to port my number. There's a red box with an exclamation mark in it, but nothing else. I've renewed the page, to no effect. I'm blowed if I know what the bloody hell is going on. I've always found this website a rotten thing. In the last day I've even discovered what appear to be old options for a prepaid plan. Good grief. I should've known it wouldn't be easy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Dave. Yep, I did think I would put this one in his name, but had some id problems, so I've been trying for the last day to register it in my name (as with the Aldi account), by way of my Optus account. Still no go, I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I tried that. Still no go, I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Are you sure you have got the correct identification? You haven't used your credit card for your son's name against the SIM?

Dave

0 Kudos
Top Contributors