cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Using Smartphone to connect devices to TV

I have an account with Netflix and can watch it on my smartphone and laptop but can't connect to the TV.  My set up is that I have Foxtel and a DVD recorder connected to the TV.  I bought a chromecast plug and plugged it into the spare HDMI on the TV.  I managed to go through the whole process up until it asked for something, I can't remember, I think the connections to the phone maybe.  Anyway, I could get no further.  Would really appreciate some expert advice.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Using Smartphone to connect devices to TV

If you have Foxtel via IQ4 you can you can watch Netflix via the app in the "active" section.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you, I rebooted my IQ3 with Foxtel yesterday but still unable, but I'll give it another shot.  I was actually going to cancel Foxtel because of their Netflix deal of having extra packages which I'm not interested in, so if I can watch Netflix on their current deal I'll keep it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - do you watch Netflix from your PC tethered to your smart phone of do you have a broadband Internet service connection at your home and the PC is linked to the Wi-Fi of the modem? 

I think the Chromecast and the phone have to be on the same Wi-Fi network and perhaps the Wi-Fi Network SSID and its password or a Google Two Factor Authentication Code (sent to TV screen or phone?)  was what was required to enter into your smartphone. I believe the Chromecast has to link to the 2.4Ghz band of your modem and the phone has to be connected to the same band. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors