Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Userchris
New Contributor
New Contributor

Using Optus Roaming Pass for one day

If I only want to use the roaming pass for one day does it turn off after 24 hours?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Roaming pass

That is my interpretation of how it works. More specifically you actually always have access to data 24/7 while roaming (i.e. its never turned off). The data allowance is reset every 24 hours (so any unused of 1Gb is lost). But if you use just 1 Kb at any point in the day then you will be billed $10 for that day.

So I would be very careful about having the Optus SIM able to roam. Perhaps make a note each time you activate and deactivate roaming while travelling so you can refute any unwanted charges.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Roaming pass

That's right, userchris. 

Providing there is no further usage to automatically trigger roaming pass for another 24 hours, it will not be active. If you choose to turn off roaming pass, you will be charged standard international roaming rates based on the destination you are in and significantly higher charges may apply. Check optus.com.au/roamingrates for destinations and rates. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos