Searching...

Mobile

User statistics of international call & countries

Kintiq

Optus allowed 32 countries to call within allowable 300 minutes for some of the plan. I wonder what the user statistics shows , I believe most of the people do not use even half of their allocated minutes.  If that is convenient Optus could raise the limit to 500 minutes and add more countries. It will boost and customer numbers .

Re: User statistics of international call & countries

SamSam

I'd tend to agree, but for different reasons. I don't know to many people that call internationally reguarly but obviously I only know a very small % of that Aus population. For me personally, and the people I know, more data included would be prefereable to international minutes. Afterall, there's so many alternatives to using your telco to call internationally (skype, Voip, etc) that I'd never pay for it. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I use most on my international call minutes and 300 minutes on my plan seems right for me.   These also include calls to mobiles where Skype etc. charge extra for mobile calls.

I understand the reason for the limited number of countries where these minutes apply is because of reciprical agreements.

Some other telcos have less countries where free calls are available.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Kintiq

Hi Sam 

Thanks for the response, I agree with you and I believe same also apply to data uses majority of  people ( possibly age group more than 45 years ) hardly use more that 1 or 2 GB of data. 

Telco knows that from their statistics and hence there is a competition to provide more data between different ISPs. 

Therefore the request to find the statistics either from Telco  or some other statutory body like Uni or ABS. 

[ Edited ]
Kintiq

Hi Dave 

Thanks for the Contribution,  that is the point not all people use either the full phone call or data  allowances, if the telcos are willing to show the user statistics; then  they could easily boost both the telephone and data allowances as well as add more countries.

Kintiq

This post may better be addressed by OPTUS to clarify the actual statistics with the YesCrowd

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
172 Kudos
152 Kudos
118 Kudos
85 Kudos
83 Kudos