Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cyclone181
New Contributor
New Contributor

Usage alerts after midnight...WHY???

Why do you think I need to know about my usage after midnight?   I have read some of the replies from Optus trying to justify them but I am sure if I approached the telecommunications ombudsman they would also agree with everyone who says it is not acceptable and needs to be changed to more reasonable times.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Usage alerts after midnight...WHY???

Most people complain usage alerts don't come in a timely fashion. People use data at all times and presumably would want to know if they are going over their limit before it happens rather than sometime the next day?

FWIW Optus is legally obligated to provide usage alerts ASAP. So I don't think the TIO would have any issue with this.

There are options you have to stop unwanted SMS while you sleep.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Cyclone181
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi peter

i accept everything you’ve said, in regards to obligations etc, but even Optus have even said these alerts are delayed by around 24 hours anyway.  So unless I used my 50 or 85% of data at 2am yesterday then I shouldn’t expect to get the alert at that time today.  

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ideally Optus should update usage in near real time. I believe these days that is the reality in most situations. 

However its still not 100% it seems (possibly not 80%).  

I agree with what your saying, but given the potential randomness of when Optus gets/sends its info sometimes, I think there's a case to be made for either approach (and in this case Optus is presumably erring on the side of caution)

Anyway Optus mods here presumably send feedback back, so perhaps you've sparked a change Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos