Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Drv
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Usage Meter on Android App - Since Sunday - Reporting Negative

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. Since Sunday this week, my Usage App (the widget and the actual app) are showing negative used vs. negative available. 

Currently it reads -7789 MB used of -7168MB. 

My monthly allowance is 7GB.

As the days pass and I use more (about 100MB a day), my usage catches up and the negative gets smaller. On the first day it was -81XX MB used. 

The Live Chat told me I have exceeded my limit and they have charged me $10 for the top up for 1 Extra GB, but I have not received anything in SMS or alerts about using up to 50%, 85% and 100%. 

I also just checked my actual account, and it shows the same thing - I have used over 100% etc. But the Data - Detailed usage shows daily amounts I used since Sunday, 106MB, 155MB, 67MB, 174MB. 

NB: Sunday was my anniversary date so it should have reset to 7GB. 

Live chat doesn't seem to have a clue - just keep telling me to wait 24 hours (every day they say the same thing).

Does anyone else have similar issues? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Usage Meter on Android App - Since Sunday - Reporting Negative

Yes the last day of the billing cycle is a train wreck with the data usage portal. It is true that it needs time to rectify itself however if you are in the minus after 24 hours then either the portal is wrong or you have used all your data. I would be having another word with chat support as they should be able to tell you where the data went.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Drv
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info. The problem resolved itself after a week and was correctly showing my usage as being 500mb used of 7 gb and values back in positive.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos