cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Q123
New Contributor

Re: Upgrading recent my promo plus sim plan

Yes, completely doesn't make sense. I wanted to upgrade again to the 55 plan discounted to 42 and I have given up. It's completely ridiculous.

How do I send a private message?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's despite the fact that you've asked to change your plan to a plan within the same umbrella/family of rate plans?

For example, if you're on a My Plan Plus 12M SIM only (DEC 2017) plan, you can only rate plan change to another DEC 2017 rate plan. 

You can't switch from a non-promo version of the 12M SIM only plan to an in-market promotional plan (new and recontracting services only).

To see what plans you're eligible to switch to, head to our Rate Plan Change Portal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Click on my Handle → You're direct to my profile → Send message. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Zal
Occasional Contributor

Yep, it’s within the exact same plan family - my promo plus 12 month sim (oct 18). Still getting told I’ll be charged a $240 fee, both online chat and over the phone.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right. If you like, I can help out over private message.

Feel free to send your details through. I'm after your full name, DOB and mobile number. Click on my profile page → Hit the private message tab.

I'll respond back as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Zal
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, just sent you a PM

0 Kudos
Contributor mickmcmahon6730
Contributor

this happened to me as well i tried to change from the 35 plan with 10% discount to the 55 plan with 25% discount.Both plans within same family.Got told by online chat 192 termination fee then rung up billing and the rep said no problem and proceeded to process the change.However there is no plan change at all in the optus system and this special ends tomorrow.Shouldve stayed with telstra i think,

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll extend the offer to you as well @mickmcmahon6730

Send us a message and I'll try and get this one actioned before I leave for the night. 

We usually align rate plan changes to your bill cycle. For example, if your bill usually comes out on the 1st of each month, the plan change wouldn't come into effect until the 01/01/19. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors