Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Zal
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading recent my promo plus sim plan

Hello

I tried to get support through the optus site, but they either didn't understand or weren't of much help so I'm hoping someone else here can give me assistance. 

I recently signed up to a My Promo Plus sim only 12 month contract - $45 month but discounted down to $40.50 for black friday. It's inclusive of 50GB of data, and today I saw the $55/month plan (discounted to $41.25/month) for 80GB of data. In my CIS document it states the following:

"You can change your plan during your contract term to another
My Promo Plus 12-month SIM plan provided you move to a
plan with a higher monthly access fee. You cannot change your
plan during the contract term to a plan with the same or lower
monthly access fee. If you change your plan during your contract
term a fee may apply."

What I'm trying to figure out is, if I change to this new $41.25/month ($55) plan - since it's a higher value than mine, can I just upgrade to it without incurring an additional fee? Obviously I'd be paying an extra 75cents per month, but I wasn't able to get an answer on this question and was instead directed to a page with a $55/month for 25gb plan which wasn't helpful. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
17 Replies
New Contributor Q123
New Contributor

Re: Upgrading recent my promo plus sim plan

OMG I just asked the same question. I already upgraded from 35 to 45 (40 with disc) and they said that I will incur the charge but to call a number to reverse it. But now I want to upgrade to 55 (42 with discount) but don't want the hassle to having to sort out another fee reversal ... so annoying.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Might be a bit out of left field here but changing your current promo plan to that $40.50 might be a different plan group. You can only change to another My Promo Plus 12-month SIM plan of higher value if I understand that CIS correctly.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, but both my current plan and the one I want to upgrade to are called "My Promo Plus" if you read the CIS documents. A bit annoying I can't get a straight answer out of Optus, but thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I replied back to a similar thread.

This enquiry seems to be popping up quite regularly 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Increasing-My-promo-plus-plan-during-contract-period/m-p/512...

Find the plan code of your current rate plan on your Optus bill.

You can use that code to find the relevant CIS document. 

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/cis/Mobile?subGroup=Post+Paid+Mobile → shows each rate plan and the umbrella of plans they belong to. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this reply, it's been more helpful! It does clarrify that both my current plan and the plan I want to upgrade are in the same plan code you refer to ("My Promo Plus 12M SIM (Oct 18)"). I just really am seeking clarification around the last bit in the CIS documentation regarding the change of plan which says "If you change your plan during your contract term a fee may apply"

I just can't get any info about what this is, and if I will get charged it even if I go up to a higher monthly plan?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, no problem.

So, the same rate plan change rules always apply.

As long as you're moving up to a higher value rate plan, no fee applies.

If you decide to move down a tier, you'll be charged a termination fee. I hope that clears things up a bit. If you do have any other questions, shoot them through. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Q123
New Contributor

Yeah but good luck trying to grt that through the Sales team. I have tried twoce. First time they told me to ring back when I get a cancellation fee on my next bill and 2nd time they said you can't upgrade before 3 mths with current plan.

So in practice it doesn't work.

I have submitted a complaint. Still waiting for someone to call back.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Q123

They've advised that you can change your plan, but they'll need to credit back any cancellation fees incurred? 

and 2nd time they said you can't upgrade before 3 mths with current plan.

I haven't heard that one before. I could go in and take a look at the account. I should be able to provide you with some guidance from there. I'll need you to send us a private message. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I finally called yesterday as I was getting so much misinformation from different sources. They told me even if I upgrade to a higher access fee plan in the same plan group, I’d still get charged $240 for a cancelation fee

0 Kudos
Top Contributors