Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Beardop
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading lease plan.

Hi, im currently at 6 months of my lease plan and wanting to upgrade to a different phone. I was told i would have to pay the early termination fee and a handset fee, but do not understand why i have to pay the handset fee if i am wanting to give it back and upgrade to a new phone and more expensive plan?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Upgrading lease plan.

Hmm I don't understand that either. Have you got a copy of the CIS for your plan as the information below pertains to a leased iPhone 8. There is no information on upgrading the phone just the plan.

Edit: The CIS for this plan does actually say you  need to pay the phone out if you cancel before 12 months. Upgrading the plan may be the only option.

http://www.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/CIS%20Docs/CIS_My_Plan_Flex_and_Leased_phone_0818_O.PDF

lease-change-plan.jpg

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I cant seem to post the link in here, the CIS is $59 Promo Plus (April 18)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This is the $69 promo plan but I assume the cancellation terms are the same. Unfortunately it also says you keep the phone if you cancel in the first 12 months. Was it a new phone you wanted specifically or was more data an issue as well?

Edit: At 12 months it looks like you get an option to upgrade your handset early with a one off $99 fee and you need to return the phone in good condition.

lease-change-cancellation.jpg

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah a new phone is what im wanting, i have plently of data.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well it looks like you will have to wait another 6 months or pay a hefty cancellation fee. What phone are you using now and what new phone are you chasing as a matter of interest?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Was told it would be $500 for the etc and $1000 for the handset 😒

I have s9+ wanting to go to Iphone Max.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep that is hefty indeed. From an Android to an Apple now that is an interesting choice. Have you had an iPhone before?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I switched to samsung after the iPhone 7. Partner has the max and im liking it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep sounds like a plan as Apple sure do make a great phone. Mind you I think once I got over the wow factor I would be wanting the Android back. Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors