Searching...

Mobile

Upgraded plan, got new sim & number. Why?

Eldiboblo

Rang up to upgrade my plan as I was using too much data. Got told it would take 4hrs to upgrade. Then I got an alert I had gone over my data. Rang back up & was told I needed a new sim to upgrade the plan. Received new sim & new number. I didn't want a new number, why am I getting this second service number? I also can't activate new sim. 

Re: Upgraded plan, got new sim & number. Why?

SamSam

Yeah someone has definitely given you some incorrect info. Sounds like they signed you up to a new plan rather than upgrading the existing. Jump straight back on the phone, tell them you shouldn't have a second service and to cancel it if there is one and just upgrade your original. They shouldn't find this that hard. Also, I find live chat better than calling, maybe give that a go - http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Eldiboblo

Yeah. I think your right. I think they've made a mistake and signed me up for a shared data plan or something. I tried the live chat but it was very annoying. They transferred me to a another person mid conversation and I had to go over everything again. Only for them to tell me at the end they didn't have access and I would have to call up. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

Mike-N

Hey @Eldiboblo

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion around your data upgrade and that Live Chat have been unable to resolve the problem for you. If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we can investigate this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Eldiboblo

Hi,

It's not a problem. Sorted it out on the phone. Just a miscommunication. I was setup with a second sim with shared data. I thought I was just getting more data added on to my service, so when I got the second sim I was confused. 

I found the live chat annoying last night but I do see the potential for it and would use it again.

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

Regards

Mike-N

Any time @Eldiboblo! Don't hesitate to reach out here again in the future Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos