Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor sunnynagi
New Contributor

Upgrade Option

Hi there

Just trying to findout where do I stand with upgrade option on my phone plan? I am currently into 14th month of my 2 year old plan and I am planning to get an upgrade on iphone to get to iphone x when it becomes available.

Does optus allows upgrades? or should i just bite the bullet and buy phone direct from apple.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Upgrade Option

Several current mobile plans have an option to upgrade your phone after 12 months for $99 (you will be on a new 24 month plan though)

Other plans have a exit penalty, but that decreases with time (so if you want to end the contract after say 16 months then you might only pay $300 (fee) x 8/24 = $100. You will have to pay out your handset component of your plan (this is usually subsidised on a plan so if you exit the contract you'll pay the full monthly handset component for the remaining months.) 

Best to ring Optus or contact LIVECHAT and ask what your specific contract says.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: Upgrade Option

Hello @sunnynagi

Did you follow Peter's advice and get in touch with someone to discuss your options? If not, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, so we can look into this for you 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos