cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Updating to $45 my sim plan

OPTUS STAFF

Hello, a week ago I updated from $40 my sim plan to $45 my sim plan so I could get 30GB of data (up from 15GB). Unfortunately so far my account information still says I only have 15GB. I contacted Optus staff by phone and your representative assures me that I now have 30GB of data as I should. Can you please confirm and possibly fix the incorrect showing in my account as I definitely do not intend to be charged for usage over and above 15GB at the end of this accounting cycle! Best regards. MARYGEN 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Updating to $45 my sim plan

Sounds like you've already contacted Optus staff and already got and answer to your question?

Swapping plans can be a bit messy at Optus. IME they usually show both the old and new data amounts together (So you'd see 45Gb allowance until the first bill)

FWIW Optus are legally obliged to send you an SMS at 50%, 80% and 100% of usage (and any top ups). So if you're not getting those then you are safe. If you are then you know where you stand data wise.

The system is unfortuantely not really easy to fix sometimes but if you do get an excess charge, Optus will just re-credit that on request on your next bill.

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue as well! I just upgraded from $40 my sim plan (15GB data) to $45 my sim plan (30GB data) few days ago. But how come the account information still says I only have 15GB to use? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Good evening @Isly2810, 

I've checked out the T's and C's of the $40.00 SIM only - double data offer. 

Offer: $45 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only

Base data inclusion: 15GB

Bonus data inclusion: 15Gb

Total: 30GB

The bonus data will be applied from the second bill cycle and will be removed after 24 months or earlier if the customer re-contracts, changes or cancels their plan. Even if the contract is for 12 months, if a customer chooses to stay on the plan for longer, the discount will apply for 24 months.

If you do exceed your base data allowance, we'll go in and credit any excess usage up to the bonus amount. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok. Thanks Dan 🙂

Just want to confirm that start from next month I will have a total of 30GB data to use?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It's usually applied before the second invoice is due out. You'll actually receive an SMS to confirm that it's been processed

If you haven't received any communication from us, feel free to drop us a private message @ http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors