Searching...

Mobile

Update Credit card direct debit

GlenR

HI,

I cannot seem to change my direct debit details to a new card.

I click remove and it says i cannot.

Capture.PNG

Re: Update Credit card direct debit

GlenR

I asked Support, but they kept asking me if i could not access MyAccount, but after my expanation it was obvious i could. they were useless and would not allow me to update my card any other way.

Shauna

Hey @GlenR - our team members can certainly update direct debit details for you. I'm sorry you've been given such a run around. 

Have you tried clearing your cookies/cache and browsing history? 

I'd suggest sending your details through to our team here, so they can update your details for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Fastfossil63

Last night I was able to delete old card, new card added in September, I couldn’t get the system to accept new card. So I deleted old card. THEN THE SYSTEM STATED YOU HAVE DELETED YOUR DIRECT DEBIT PLEASE RE-APPLY. 

I tried online chat and they kept canceling the chat before I could type in my problem. 

CLEARLY THIS SCREW UP IS AFFECTING MANY CUSTOMERS.  I am thinking if a few take this to telecommunications ombudsman I would suggest that OPTUS might be in for charge themselves. 

Fastfossil63

I also received messages from Optus I would now face an extra charge for not having payment details in place. Seriously, doesn’t OPTUS actually read their own blog which shows a common problem that’s affecting people’s credit rating and you get charged just because the Optus administration are to lazy or incompetent to fix their own problems. 

GlenR

I agree,

My service was suspended today due to this, no one at Optus is helping me. any other provider would have called me and sorted this out quickly. the Removal or adding of Credit card details STILL isn't working.

What a joke, I'll be heading back to Telstra as soon as I can.

GlenR

They say to talk to the Webchat team but ive 'spoken' to 5 people in 2 or 3 different teams and no one has been able to resolve this for me.

Kartika

Really sorry for late reply and your direct debit issue, @GlenR. Is the online My Account working since posting? Once you cancel the direct debit online it takes 24 hrs to process and then you come back the next day to set it up? Was chat able to restore your service? If you still need a hand let me know. Sorry once again and appreciate your patience. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pussycat

i want to give my new card number

Marie

Hey @pussycat Smiley Happy 

You can add this via My Account using this process.

If you're still needing a hand with this our Customer Care team on 13 39 37 will certainly be able to assist you with this. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos